1.04 version is out for PSN EU - game crashed on startup

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
1.04 version is out for PSN EU

After installation, the game hung and rebooted my machine. Currently restoring PS3 system database.
Will see if I get it running again

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
keep us posted ~ your PS3 will be fine , often a poor internet connection will cause a PS3 freezeup , and you have to hardboot it which will cause the database rebuild to launch .

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
It has happened before ;) although my internet connection is kicking ass as normal (100/10).
After some system repairs the game booted up just fine, although the highscores from yesterday are gone (played with a buddy). Other than that it is working fine.
The ball feels heavier in this version compared to before and I just might think that that blasted MM dragon return is now stopping the ball correctly ;) time to play! :D

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
What more the patch did?

The ball feels heavier somehow. I'm not sure that MM dragon return is fixed, but Merlin is not giving out Trolls left and right all the time so it might be a different rom for MM? I'm no expert, so I'm really just guessing ;)

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
I've noticed that we can now choose various colors for the ball xD

The ball skins are quite cool, although are these custom balls bigger? They just seem to be or it's just that the colour makes them look bigger. Love it all the same. The red n brownish coloured ones do blend into MM & TOTAN though, makes the game a little harder. Still cooler than an Eskimos nuts though!

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
PS Plus automatically updated Pinball Arcade (EU v1.04) for me the other night, so I thought I would have look to see if much has changed. I had kind of abandoned the game in the last couple of months due to flipper lag getting the better of my enjoyment (Happy New Year to all btw).

Had a quick flick through the tables but can't say that much has changed. Ball still feels too fast on Fun House & MM and then too slow on CV. Lighting issues are all still there. Ditto for the texture issues (CV back glass, random table textures etc).

The issue regarding restarting on Fun House has been fixed.

Most importantly though, our friend the flipper lag is still present and correct :mad: I did try the usual dropping the resolution down to 720p and it is still much better

....So I guess it means I can continue to neglect PA until next time I see an automatic update from PS Plus.

BTW any news on a Steam release or is it a lost cause?

If a moderator is reading, perhaps this thread title could be edited and then then stickied to become the main EU discussion/bugs thread?

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If you want to get something stickied either PM your favorite moderator or report the fist post and then make your suggestion in the comments box.

Members online

Members online