PS3 Version 2.07 (NA) Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Yes it is ! you're on the ball !

Ok , let's explore what I see .

I played most of the tables both CORE and DLCs.

I noticed :

Attract mode lighting added ~ certain scores cause better light shows , less random generic on off patterns

Dot Matrix Display animations more detailed

ambient lighting effects ~ such as lights that refract onto the side cabinet

That chrome pinball never looked better

side rails are more detailed and chrome-like

shadowing on tables more sharp

Black Knight table improved

physics improved

The last update I stated similiar things , mind you I stopped playing the game on more than a casual basis for months, so maybe Im seeing things again.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Not sure if this is new or I just never noticed but on the table select screen the playfield art on Harley isn't right.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Haven't seen any differences in this version...

HD & other tables lighting still look dull, no new UI, no ball skins, ect.

This patch probably just added the DLC files...

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Haven't seen any differences in this version...

HD & other tables lighting still look dull, no new UI, no ball skins, ect.

This patch probably just added the DLC files...

There are ball skins. Look in extras before you start a game

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The Title Update for PS3/PS Vita containing Star Trek : The Next Generstion, Attack from Mars, Genie, bug fixes, improvements and the new UI won't be released until mid-late March.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I was thinking this one was the one they said had quite a few fixes for old tables. So just DLC then, and fixes for oldies in a month or so?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Why must we play the guessing game? The more tables that come takes longer and longer to figure out whats new.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
so nothing on the current tables will change until the new update in june* or whenever correct?

*changed for accuracy

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
The Title Update for PS3/PS Vita containing Star Trek : The Next Generstion, Attack from Mars, Genie, bug fixes, improvements and the new UI won't be released until mid-late March.

which means we probably won't get those tables until late March - early April at the earliest. my lord the approval process has gotten longer.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Pin Wiz said "mid to late march" and his info is according to farsight.. once I apply my farsight/sony delay algorithm it comes to june...

you should hope I'm wrong.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Hey ball skins! And they made a shiny gold one this time, huzzah. :) I did notice a few issues with the current skins, and started a feedback thread in the Art Discussion forum if anyone's interested.

The only other difference I noticed was that it was playing different music at the title screen--sounded kind of like a toned-down TotAN style. Before this update it would just play the music of whatever the last table you'd left it on was (in my case this was Taxi).

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
All I know is that in MM the ball doesn't bounce as high coming out of a castle shot BRAVO!!!!!! Same with monster bash.

Perhaps the flipper 'Lag' feels better. I never thought I was in the group of flipper lag but I have been having more accurate shots in this update. In NGG I have already score more hole in ones than I have done before. Definitely feel like those targets in the orbits and side of the tables are getting easier to hit.

Great update FS Now I can enjoy MM like I'd hope.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Hm I checked flipper lag and it didn't seem any better to me with this update.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah I think the physics were tweaked in this update...

They feel more accurate, balls don't bounce as much on the flippers, and I was able to get a higher score than my normal, although my high score didn't save since high scores for Elvira are still broken... :(

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Is the artwork on the table select screen behind the tables zoomed in way more? Something seems off.

Edit: also the clear plastic archers over the outlanes on mm. I don't remember seeing those covered in black speckles. Why aren't they clear?

Last edited:

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
the flipper lag is not real and can't be fixed. it's a matter of perception and your tv, farsight can't do anything about it..

I, and many more, have never experienced flipper lag and I would argue it's only a very vocal minority that does.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Title Update 2.07 changelog :

● Added The Twilight Zone - available for purchase on February 5th.
● Added Big Shot - available for purchase on February 12th.
● Added Scared Stiff - available for purchase on February 12th.
● Added Medieval Madness Pro - available for purchase on February 19th.
● Added Tales of the Arabian Nights Pro - available for purchase on February 19th.
● Added 10 selectable custom balls in the Extras Menu.
● Tweaked the main physics engine.
● New pop bumper mechanical sounds.
● New splash screen background music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.