How Would You Like FarSight To Release Future DLC Tables?

How would you like FarSight to release future DLC tables?

• Simultaneously (Wait till DLC is approved for all platforms and devices before release)

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Staggered (Release DLC as soon as it's approved for individual platforms and devices)

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Just running a poll on a question FarSight asked about on their TPA Facebook Wall. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
I may not have the first system but I'd rather have them ASAP. Besides, think of how much the mobile crowd loves getting first crack :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I may not have the first system but I'd rather have them ASAP. Besides, think of how much the mobile crowd loves getting first crack :)

I voted for staggered as well. Since I'll be buying all DLC tables for The Pinball Arcade on at least three platforms and devices, I'll have a good chance of playing the newest DLC tables as soon as possible. :)

N

Nik Barbour

I voted for simultaneously - nobody likes being last, as long as it wasnt a significant hold up for the others (say more than 2 weeks).
I'm on android so have got the last 2 dlc tables, but I'd bet everyone else is champing at the bit to get these (MM is now second favorite behind TOM).
I was really pi$$ed off on tuesday as I stood ready to purchase a ps3 only to find Europe has to wait another month whilst North America are go. (i'd got permission off the missus and everything!).

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
Nik, I would posit to you that without the pain of being last, the joy of being first wouldn't exist. 360 is in the middle of the release schedule so I don't have a horse in this particular race but I do firmly believe in striving for perfection and your attitude worries me a little in that regard.

Got a little off-topic... heh.

N

Nik Barbour

Nik, I would posit to you that without the pain of being last, the joy of being first wouldn't exist. 360 is in the middle of the release schedule so I don't have a horse in this particular race but I do firmly believe in striving for perfection and your attitude worries me a little in that regard.

Got a little off-topic... heh.

just personal preference, don't see why it worries you?
I came out good on the android dlc this time - but got left out on ps3 being in Europe.
Thought it would be fairer if all released simultaneously (unless holding others for more than a couple of weeks) I must admit my feelings aren't that strong on this matter!

N

Nik Barbour

Would make forum chat more interesting if simultaneous release was done.
As it is most are still waiting for dlc table pack 1 so can't comment on new content with the few that have!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Logistically I don't even think that it's possible to have a simultaneous release. Even if they could all be done within the same week, each distribution channel seems to go live at a different day and time. I am fine with staggered as long as there isn't more than 2 weeks between any of the platforms.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I voted staggered, although it sucks not having an Android device and having to wait, but even still I'd like to get them ASAP.

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
Voted staggerd, it also seems pretty much impossible to have a true simultaneous release when so many different platforms are involved

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Don't have a personal preference, but voted for simultaneously. I still recall the level of disgruntlement over Zen Studios's staggered (or even worse, platform-exclusive) table releases.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Staggered - while it sucks not being able to play Medieval Madness on my 360, that doesn't mean I want to deny Android users from enjoying it now.

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
I chose staggered since it would be less stressful to the team. I would imagine a company releasing stuff all at once (all the time) would not be an ideal business strategy; it would leave them the inconvenience to rush the product out, thus all releases would have more bugs than they already have. Alternatively, it would get delayed over and over, thus killing the hype.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts