Unrealistic!

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
My TPA tables never break down. The plastic ramps won't crack. Paintjob doesn't fade, wear down, or flake. Flippers remain strong. My electricitybill seems oblivious. My savings-account ain't feeling it either, if you know what I mean.

Where's the realism man! X(

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Try throwing your tablet down the stairs and pour a Pepsi on it. Let the cola dry until sticky and you have an arcade-perfect machine!

night

May 18, 2012
That would be a very interesting idea, that the longer you play the table, the more the table wears down.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Pro pinball had wear options. Jutter before you play drive 5-20 miles get $5 in quarters and give it to bums $.75cents at a time and when your ball gets stuck tell the bum about it, then when you're moneys gone go back home and you cant play again til you go feed the bums more quarters the next day.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I fear it would only piss off the local (that is to say dutch) bums if I did that. Might be funny though.
(Bum looks at american coin in bewilderment... "Wat is dit?")

night

May 18, 2012
Pro pinball had wear options.

My guess is that this will work best on pre-rendered tables. Little 'damaged looking' parts of the image mapping could be made and replace the previous 'cleaner version' the longer you play it.
Say you have 3 versions of a part on the image map where the ball hits a certain target a lot. After 1 month of play the clean part will be replaced with a little wear on it, and so on.
And after a couple of months your table can look really vintage that way (and an option in the menu could switch it back to 'new' if you prefer.) Such a brilliant idea!

night

May 18, 2012
in an interview with FS someone mention wear and tear and FS said why would you want that?

Because antique and vintage has much more 'feeling'. We live in an age where every iPhone and car looks exactly the same, perfect. Wear and tear is unique, patina is unique. It has a soul, new has no soul.

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
Flippers not working or no power,lifting the machine up and back down again because the ball hasn't registered a drain,switching the machine off and back on again from the switch underneath because the software crashed,bumpers broken,sling shots shot,dmd display busted,no lights whatso ever,sound broken,power cuts .. all things that have happened over the years ..that realism i can do without :)

N

Nik Barbour

Because antique and vintage has much more 'feeling'. We live in an age where every iPhone and car looks exactly the same, perfect. Wear and tear is unique, patina is unique. It has a soul, new has no soul.

You must have too much money mate - my car has PLENTY of patina and uniqueness. :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
My TPA tables never break down. The plastic ramps won't crack. Paintjob doesn't fade, wear down, or flake. Flippers remain strong. My electricitybill seems oblivious. My savings-account ain't feeling it either, if you know what I mean.

Where's the realism man! X(

I noticed that on EATPM (on Android at least) the right ramp has signs of wear in the form of ball abrasion marks and black dust. This is probably how they got this table, so they just digitally recreated it.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I still think if you want realism pay a complete stranger money or seashells or bottle caps or whatever you use for money before you play and you cant play that table once you leave that spot enless you pay the same person, if you go somewhere else they might have another table :p

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I noticed that on EATPM (on Android at least) the right ramp has signs of wear in the form of ball abrasion marks and black dust. This is probably how they got this table, so they just digitally recreated it.

Now I know why the right loop lane on AFM has that quirky little bug of the ball changing direction when comes down the lane. They digitized a hard speck of dust that was on the right loop lane and that's why it unexpectedly changes direction sometimes.

This is kind of a cheeky reply, but may have some merit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.