Costly lesson learned

Ken_Clark

Dec 28, 2012
Learned a costly lesson today. You can place The Pinball Arcade on 5 iPads with just one purchase. Every time you download a table tho they ding you per device....OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
There's something wrong there. That doesn't happen to me. I've only paid once for my iPod, iPad2, and iPad4.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Learned a costly lesson today. You can place The Pinball Arcade on 5 iPads with just one purchase. Every time you download a table tho they ding you per device....OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Did the tablet tell you you were getting charged or did it just started downloading and you noticed a charge in your account?

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
what should happen is it should ask you if you want to restore previously-bought tables. you say yes, and you log in, and it downloads the ones you already bought.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, something isn't right if you get charged multiple times. Assuming everything is on the same account, you buy it once and then restore purchases to the other devices.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Gord mentioned the key. The devices have to all use the same AppleID to use your tables/purchases on multiple devices

Last edited:

Craig Grannell

Sep 30, 2012
Same here. No universal app should ever charge twice for the same content, assuming it's not a consumable and that you're using the same Apple ID across devices.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I got an iPad mini and that happend to me with the subscription of the MAD magazine. On apple's homepage you can login and fill a form to get your money back. It's well hidden somewhere under iTunes/problems/whatever - sorry, I can't remember exactly...

Anyway, sometimes restoring purchases fails on new devices (from apple's side), but it worked some 10 minutes later)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I got charged again for STTNG and pro pack. $8 something, and I am a $100 Kickstarter supporter. Apple can't refund me, It never shows I got it in the first time because it went through Farsight and the Kickstarter process. What a mess. It seems Kickstarter backers are treated poorly. Have to log in multiple times, lose your tables all the time. Get charged multiple times on top of $100. Nice.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I was just charged for the Twilight Zone pro menu with the last update, even though I use to have it as a kickstarter backer. I love what Farsight is doing, but they sure know how to bungle a kickstarter.

Members online

Members online