Request Credit Tracking

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It would be nice if the credits we earn from high scores and matches could be tracked, and counted towards something. Maybe in the future they could be used to unlock something in the game, such as different rubbers for the flippers.

Anyone else interested in tracking the credits?

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
Definitely! Would make it more interesting to score replays and see your table progress as the credit count increases. Having fun unlockables at certain levels would also keep certain tables fun for longer :)

N

Nik Barbour

Only problem with credit unlocks, is not all pinball players are actually good at pinball (me included).
If credit locks were in the tables, less talented players wouldn't get to some of the tables features.
Pinball Arcade state their mission is to accurately re-create the tables.
Personally I'd leave it at that - perfect emulation.
Isn't having a score board enough to keep you coming back to a table?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Good point, Nik.

I'd like them to be able to implement the "buy-in" abilities of some of the tables. Some times you're having a good game and just need that one extra ball to pull off something spectacular.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Pinball Arcade state their mission is to accurately re-create the tables.
Personally I'd leave it at that - perfect emulation.

But accurately recreating the tables involves having a buy-in option for some... Personally I think the player should start out with one credit per game and get to use any credits you earn during *that* game for buy-ins. To keep the balance, the earned credits should not carry over to other tables. I also don't think FarSight should reinstate the "credit locks" that they had in PHoF:TWC - it was rather useless anyway, because earning free play was so easy...

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
But accurately recreating the tables involves having a buy-in option for some... Personally I think the player should start out with one credit per game and get to use any credits you earn during *that* game for buy-ins. To keep the balance, the earned credits should not carry over to other tables.

Great idea, I'd like to see that!

N

Nik Barbour

But accurately recreating the tables involves having a buy-in option for some... Personally I think the player should start out with one credit per game and get to use any credits you earn during *that* game for buy-ins. To keep the balance, the earned credits should not carry over to other tables. I also don't think FarSight should reinstate the "credit locks" that they had in PHoF:TWC - it was rather useless anyway, because earning free play was so easy...

Sounds like a perfect solution - Great idea!

Just wouldn't like 'flipper rubber change' (if farsight did it) to be the preserve of only the top scorers - man, that and simulating a more used play surface (different co-ef. of friction) would be top of my wish list now.
Some of the real machines I used to play before they all disapeared over here were pretty beat up. That would be great if that was simulated as an option. Don't know how that would be handled fairly with scoreboards though!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Now that this thread has been resurrected from the grave, they should add a credit tracker to the game and the ability to buy some things like table exploration on the tables that don't have pro menus or custom balls that aren't cool enough for people to spend actual currency on.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
It would be cool to know how many free credits were won on a table and the total number of games played. It'd also be cool for the last season to come out on PS3 before the next World Cup.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Actually, that feature can be implemented since most games actually DO track the free credits given out as part of the statistics kept in the table. If you have pro mode, it's in the operator menu.

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
I think credits tracking to buy stuff is a bad idea.

Simply, if you earn 1 or 2 credits at the end of a game, you can *immediately* use them, as if you were clicking on Start

It makes no differences. but still you have the joy to see you can use this credit for another play (like in real life)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts