Tables with deep rulesets?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Friend of mine needs one real table with a deep enough rule set to stop him flipping it after 6 weeks :p

Any suggestions?

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Wha? That Twilight Zone avatar doesn't whisper in your ear?
that or Ripley's Believe It Or Not come to mind.

Otherwise just challenge your friend to reach all of Big Shot's wizzardgoals within 6 weeks... twice, or stfu about deep rulesets.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Simpsons Pinball Party and Family Guy both seem pretty deep. But yeah, RBION should keep anyone occupied for quite a while.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
If hes a flipper hes a flipper rules arnt going to fix that, but that answers a question I had. How long must you own a table before you FLIP it!? 6weeks?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Friend of mine needs one real table with a deep enough rule set to stop him flipping it after 6 weeks :p

Any suggestions?
The Simpsons Pinball Party probably has the deepest ruleset of any table, considering it has 7 regular modes, 6 "advanced" modes, the actual wizard mode, 8 or 9 different multiballs, various non-mode features (Daredevil scoring, Treehouse of Horror features, etc.) and assorted miscellaneous shots.

The only issue is that unless your friend is very very good, he's never going to see half of these modes and features. TSPP is an extremely difficult table.

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
Lord of the Rings is another deep game that hasn't been mentioned yet.

I should say, he cant fit a widebody through his door.

Does this mean he'll be taking the head off of a DMD game to get it through the door? Because the head is wider than the body on widebody games, of course. If he's taking off the head, has he done it before? Just some stuff to consider.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Lord of the Rings is another deep game that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Does this mean he'll be taking the head off of a DMD game to get it through the door? Because the head is wider than the body on widebody games, of course. If he's taking off the head, has he done it before? Just some stuff to consider.
Yeah that's not an issue.

I don't suppose anyone knows the width and depth of the cabinet only on The Shadow?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just measured both my tables 22.5" wide and the back of the table 22.5" deep 23" with buttons portruding the heads are 29"wide You can remove the head easily.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I have to go with the crowd and say TSPP. If your friend is having trouble with pinball holding his concentration, however, it may not be for him. It's the kind of game where you get what you put in; it took me awhile to "get it," but when I did, the game really opened up. The best Stern IMO, more complex rules and varied playfield than LoTR. And yes, the super duper mega extreme wizard mode is super duper mega extremely hard to achieve.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
LOTR isn't that deep - it's just really awesome! It's roughly comparable to Monster Bash (another Gomez) in terms of depth, but has a much better theme. Sadly, they did away with the awesome "start features by making shots" rules, replacing with the traditional "shoot this area to start feature, relight by. . ." though it's the flipper buttons, not the slings or bumpers, that determine which mission is selected.
If cost is a concern, the Shadow is still a good value; much cheaper than LOTR, TSPP, and especially TZ (which is now worth almost as much as the former two combined. TPAs influence?)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Yeah, Shadow seems to be as shallow as it can get, when it comes to rules.
Look at this:
[video=vimeo;26732989]http://vimeo.com/26732989[/video]

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.