PHOF re-releases. For how long?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
First off, I'm not complaining here. I like that Farsight has redone many of these tables. They look and play much better than the HOF releases. For the most part (cough, cough Black Knight :rolleyes:). Of course, there's the financial reasons for them to redo these tables as well. I'm just looking for some speculation on how long do you think they're going to continue the one new/one re-release table pack trend.

According to the official announced table page, they're only four more HOF releases on it that have yet to be given release time frames. They are Pinbot, Whirlwind, Space Shuttle and Victory.

The other unannounced HOF tables are Ace High, Central Park, Tee'd Off, Goin' Nuts, Ed Dorado, Strikes N' Spares and the 1932 Play-boy from The Gottlieb Collection and just Sorcerer and Jive Time from The Williams Collection.

Which one's do you think are going to come eventually? Also, when do you think we'll get our first two "new" table pack? I'm guessing the summer but what do you think?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I wouldn't mind some of the others too. Ace High, El Dorado, Strikes N Spares, Sorcerer, and Tee'd Off would be nice. But your guess seems reasonable to me. I'd guess the end of the summer (in the U.S.) as the first all new pack.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I can see them seeking out some of the unannounced tables, but I think after Pin*Bot, Whirlwind, Space Shuttle, and Victory, that will be it for now. That's at least four months away, however, which gives them time to find some of the others.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
El Dorado and Aces High I'd definitely like to see. I think if Tee'd Off had a bit of tuning I'd like it better than No Good Gofers, but my problem with it was that right ramp shot to get the putt was impossible - I don't think I managed it even once!

I can live without Jive Time from Williams, but I'd like to think that we'll see Sorcerer eventually as that became one of my favourite tables in the collection.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I remember someone posting a memo months ago saying they were working on Teed Off, but were having trouble emulating it. If they have to script it, they might as well cancel it altogether. The scripting on PHOFG was so terrible that even the DMD animations were not remotely close to matching the real machine.
As for Sorcerer, I don't see why everyone likes that thing so much. It's the very definition of average - there's nothing terrible about it, but there's also nothing really great about it (except the artwork, which is pretty cool).

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Sorcerer looks cool and it has the bombastic fantastic sounds like Firepower and Gorgar. Plus that row of targets...I dunno, the first time I played it I wasn't impressed, but it really started to grow on me the more I played.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
They can keep Pin*Bot. I just beat the Williams Challenge, and for some reason cannot get a high score on that stupid table. The solar shot just isn't happening for me. Pin*Bot is a jerk

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
They can keep Pin*Bot. I just beat the Williams Challenge, and for some reason cannot get a high score on that stupid table. The solar shot just isn't happening for me. Pin*Bot is a jerk

Pin*bot solar in PHOF has to be the toughest achievement across all incarnations of these tables. That thing just drains to the left wayyyyyyyt too often. I really like the table ... I just wish it liked me back :). When it does come, I hope farsight tames that outline just a tad.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I'm glad it wasn't just me. I can't tell if they used magnets, vacuums, or voodoo on that outlane but it's easily the hungriest outlane I've ever seen. In theory that solar shot seems quite easy: get multiball, lock ball, hit ramp

Members online

Members online