Unfinished Business - Finishing Wizard Goals

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Please post any winning strategies or horror stories regarding how you did this on iOS.

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
You can find tips for most of these in the actual table strategy threads.

Getting there!
•Activate Ringmaster Battle
•Join the Cirqus
Learn how to consistently hit the ringmaster from either flipper without draining when it bounces off. The ball some times goes out of control after a hit (especially if you hit the collar), but it's always a pretty safe shot. Basically, don't ever hit anything other than the ringmaster or WOW targets. At this point you'll probably be trying harder NOT to activating the join the cirqus wizard mode, than actually doing it.
Almost every ball towards the right flipper will bounce over to a perfect trap on the left, after firing at the ringmaster, allowing you to keep firing. Dead passes from left to right are less safe.

Monster Bash
•Activate Lyman's Lament
There's a "cheat code" that lets you activate Lyman's Lament by just flipping the flippers. Even doing it this way actually scores your table goal.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There's a "cheat code" that lets you activate Lyman's Lament by just flipping the flippers. Even doing it this way actually scores your table goal.

Does that work now? On the PS3 it didn't count toward the goal, or at least not when it first came out. The funny thing is, activating Lyman's is now my primary way of playing that table.

Ripley's
It's all about lighting up continents. First things first, learn how to backhand the right ramp with the right flipper. That ramp is responsible for lighting up the next continent as well as the temple for the left ramp. Next, learn the sweet spot for hitting the vari-target with the left flipper. When you have those two shots down, getting a letter for Australia and South America will be givens. Spotting a letter in one of the multiball continents takes time to learn ball control. Asia is easy...Europe a nightmare for ball drain potential. Remember though, you can stack continents if asia, south america, or europe were lit first. Get that ball back up the right ramp pronto, shoot the vari-target again, and now you'll usually have a multiball going at the same time, which makes asia and europe waaaaay easier. Figure it's gonna take you at least 3 tours of the continents to get all the letters so you can get Atlantis.

I don't get Frog Frenzy that often, just 'cause lighting the super jackpot that many times can be a pain. Again, until you can control multiball, and do it during Ripoff or true Multiball, where you can light super jackpot to your hearts content, Frenzy will elude you. That being said, get good at hitting the upper lane on the left side of the table for when super is actually lit. I practiced by shooting the ball with the upper flipper every time it got ejected from the vari-target. You don't want the penguin loop, but the one just above it. By practicing from that scenario, I guaranteed myself a super after each continent tour completion, as super is lit once that happens, and guess where the ball gets ejected from?

It's a shooter's table, so spend some games strictly practicing certain shots over and over again. That means lots of ball catching, very little random flipping.

Medieval Madness
I can't help with video mode as I rarely get it and have yet to complete it. Even with all the advice that's been on these forums. Barnyard Multiball? Learn that catapult shot. For me it's using the right flipper and finding the spot near the end of the flipper from a caught ball, then flipping. The second part of it is getting the timing down for selecting each one of the objects to be thrown. I use my ears more than sight when it comes to getting exactly the one I want. If you've spent enough time practicing the catapult shot though, you'll get plenty of opportunities to practice selecting the objects too!

Monster Bash
For Lyman's, learn to back hand the scoop with the right flipper. It is virtually the same timing as Ripley's for backhanding the right ramp, so if you get one, you'll be good for the other. I've spent entire games doing nothing other than backhanding so I can get Lyman's, and interestingly enough, that led me to getting the other objectives you have listed!

I actually find all 3 of these tables to share commonalities that help with each other. MB has a layout very similar to MM, many of the shots being identical. I learned the backhand shot on MB, and then tried it out on RBION, which is when I finally had my breakthrough on that table. I think it important to sit down some times and only work on shots, forgetting all about scoring. Try flipping (with caught balls) from all points on the flipper to see where the ball goes, and then start figuring out what you can repeat time and time again. There are many different ways of playing these tables, but the only one that will work is the one that has shots you can consistently pull off. Figure those out, and then work the table to fit your skills.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Great advice shutyertrap.

I completely agree on practicing the shots. ST:TNG's 9.9 warp mode wizard goal required me to play a couple of hundred games (1st ball only) until I could hit the 2 shots consistently.

It's pretty clear to me that MM is going to be the biggest headache. Oh well. Better start practicing.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Does that work now? On the PS3 it didn't count toward the goal, or at least not when it first came out. The funny thing is, activating Lyman's is now my primary way of playing that table.
I'm guessing it only works in old versions, since I'm on X360. :(

inspector42

May 27, 2012

This did not activate the wizard goal for me. I had to learn to backhand it from the right flipper. Then focus on nothing else.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Getting there!

Please post any winning strategies or horror stories regarding how you did this on ios

•Win Video Mode

If you complete the catapult three times, and launch the cow all three times, the video mode is much easier, as the crows are picking up cows instead of kids.

Activte 4-ball multiball madness

Complete peasant, joust, damsel, and catapult WITHOUT starting multiball madness. Then make sure trolls are activated and hit the saucer. This will activate multiball with the trolls active. Defeat the trolls, this will automatically activate the 4 ball multiball.

•Win the Battle for the Kingdom

The troll bomb bug is killer here. What I did is make sure to light trolls and rack up two troll bombs WITHOUT activating trolls just prior to Battle for the Kingdom. This allowed the bombs to be automatically used vanquishing those trolls in the end. Also, if you finish all the castles, but DON'T have everything else finished for the battle, you can hit the drawbridge repeatedly, allowing the shots to glance off the troll targets on the way up or down. This helps you collect the bombs, but you will also need to get good at nudging and anticipation to avoid SDTM drains.

Harley-Davidson
•Score a Milwaukee Jackpot

Stay alive, play a lot of multiballs. Get a lot of extra balls. The video mode is an easy extra ball after you've memorized how to get through it. The farther you get, the more valuable it is to get to the next city by lighting RIDE and LIVE. Especially toward the end, I found that I was more likely to be successful going for these instead of trying to travel over 300 miles.

Scared Stiff
•Land in the Secret Passage

This sometimes happens accidentally, but is a doozy to try to get when you're trying. I found that allowing the ball to bounce on the slingshots sometimes would send the ball off the right slingshot and up to the passage at just the right strength. You need to make sure the lock is not lit, though.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Completed the Mosh Super Jackpot and Lyman's Lament last night. I should of also got the Special, but it didn't register the goal. Blech!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Attack From Mars and Twilight Zone were tamed this weekend:

Scored the Billion Pt Hurry-Up and Ruled the Universe on ATM.
Also scored the Powerball Double Jackpot on TZ.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Attack from Mars video mode conquered.

I'm thinking Cirqus Voltaire is next. Most of the remaining wizard goals are going to be a pain.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Activated the Ringmaster Battle. Also Joined the Cirqus but the goal didn't register. Feh!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I normally don't mind glitches like that, but it takes a while to join the cirqus. Annoying.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
It's been a wizard goal kind of weekend!

Finished off Cirqus Voltaire, Scared Stiff, Harley Davidson, Dr Dude and Monster Bash. I'm not looking fwd to the rest. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts