iOS v6.1 released

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Just an FYI that iOS v6.1 has been released as of Jan 28 2013

Maybe those with TPA stuttering issues (iPad 2 running iOS 6.0.x) can test this new update out to see if the stuttering has been somehow remedied by the new iOS release. Please report here with your findings. Note that the iPad 1 cannot run iOS 6.x so the update does not apply to those iPads.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Bug report: iPad2 iOS6.1 stuttering issues (just like iOS6) on the following tables:

Genie
Twilight Zone
Star Trek: TNG
Black Hole
Theatre of Magic
Monster Bash
Black Knight
Harley Davidson
Tales of the Arabian Night
No Good Gofers

WAKE UP FARSIGHT!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Are these stuttering issues not caused by other apps running in memory and syncing data? What happens if you disable WIFI + syncing + close down all other apps from memory?

I had a similar issue on my Nexus 7 that was caused by other apps trying to sync data whilst I played.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
AFAIK, the stuttering issues seems to be related to the iPad 2 (not the iPad 1 since it cannot run iOS 6.x) that are running iOS 6.x. Under the previous iOS 5.x, the iPad 2 had no (AFAIK) stuttering issues. After updating the iPad 2 to iOS 6.x, stuttering was introduced on *some* tables. The stuttering occurs even when no other background apps are running. This could be because iOS 6.x demands more resources and processor.

I have not yet updated any of my iOS devices to v6.1...waiting for more feedback regarding battery (iPhone) and other issues with Wi-Fi, etc.

Last edited:

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Updating my iOS devices now...

I believe someone said on these forums that iOS6 added more background processes so that's why it's causing stutter in TPA on iPad2. iPad3 processors & above are better and can handle more background stuff so maybe that's why there's no stutter on them.

EDIT: iOS 6.1 & TPA feels smooth for me.

Last edited:

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Did you have stuttering issues before?

Only when notifications came through Jeff, but that's expected. I had minor issues with BH, but I had a purge a few weeks ago, as I was close to capacity, just minor issues but they're barely noticeable, if there at all.

Maybe stuttering is linked in with capacity here Jeff? Currently mine is around 80% on a 64 gb device

night

May 18, 2012
iPad Mini seems to share the stutter issues as the iPad2. I tried a lot of suggestions from users and none ever worked. The thing is, everything was fine and perfect with iOS5, all of this changed when I upgraded to iOS6. No other application, except TPA, ever gave me a problem. Why is it that Black Hole stutters while AFM plays perfectly smooth? Black Hole was one of the worst, it is a bit better now, but far from perfect.

xcinder360

May 29, 2012
I have an iPad 2 with iOS 6.1 installed, and while some of the tables do have stuttering (notably Black Hole), I personally find it far from a distraction/annoyance/etc.

Then again, I'm a more casual player and didn't pay much attention to how the game performed in iOS 5.x.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Bug report: iPad2 iOS6.1 stuttering issues (just like iOS6) on the following tables:

Genie
Twilight Zone
Star Trek: TNG
Black Hole
Theatre of Magic
Monster Bash
Black Knight
Harley Davidson
Tales of the Arabian Night
No Good Gofers

WAKE UP FARSIGHT!

I am also seeing stuttering on these same tables in IOS 6.1 on my iPad mini and my iPad 2. I also have an iPhone 5 and iPad 3 on IOS 6.1 and these same tables run perfectly on them.

It's not a memory issue on my end. I have notifications off and the stuttering occurs even after a device reset.

night

May 18, 2012
I am also seeing stuttering on these same tables in IOS 6.1 on my iPad mini and my iPad 2. I also have an iPhone 5 and iPad 3 on IOS 6.1 and these same tables run perfectly on them.

It's not a memory issue on my end. I have notifications off and the stuttering occurs even after a device reset.

My father has an iPad2 as well. I installed TPA on his device, same issues.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
My father has an iPad2 as well. I installed TPA on his device, same issues.

I have a feeling it's processor along with iOS version related. We have the following devices with the following performance issues (the iPhone 4's listed are NOT the S model):

Stuttering/performance issue

iPhone 5/iOS 6.1: no
iPhone 4 #1/iOS 6.1: yes
iPhone 4 #2/iOS 6.1: yes
iPad 3/iOS 6.1: no
iPad 2/iOS 6.1: yes

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
I have a feeling it's processor along with iOS version related. We have the following devices with the following performance issues (the iPhone 4's listed are NOT the S model):

You know, the thing is, it is not with all tables and some have very little and some are just bad, like Black Hole and Monster Bash. TZ for example has a very slight stuttering, ST:TNG has more stuttering than TZ. Genie has stuttering while AFM is as smooth and perfect as it can be. Either way, none of this issues happened with iOS5. And I know for a fact by now that FarSight is certainly not going to fix this issue.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

iPad Mini/iOS6.1: yes

night

May 18, 2012
Did someone from FarSight confirm this or is it speculation?

Speculation. They had months to fix the iOS6 issue, but nothing happened. Now we have iOS6.1, and I dare to bet FarSight is too focussed on table production, nothing will happen.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
iPhone 5, OS 6.1. No issues here. And for those on an ipad mini, it goes to reason it'll suffer from the same issues as the ipad 2 as the mini has the same CPU (the A5) and ram as an ipad 2.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts