Finally crossed the billion threshold

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Good god that took forever for me to reach that goal! I've been trying for weeks.

Final score was 1,074,001,110. I nailed a 2x continent bonus of around 187 million, and then promptly lost my final ball. Unless I counted wrong, the max number of extra balls available in the game is 9. Special and Extra Ball would light, but you wouldn't collect on them. I think I had 3 Atlantis, only one Frog Frenzy.

Next goal is to try and top all PS3 scores, top one being a little over 3.5 billion. That'll get me up to number 52 on the leaderboard (currently at 72). After that, it's the mobile scores, of which Advalle's (I think that's his name!) score of 12 billion is the only legitimate score over 10, according to him. Ultimate, reach for the stars goal is of course to hit number 1, only 'cause I wanna bump all the cheaters off!! Or at least root for Advalle to do it.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Way to go on your first 1Billion score. 'Believe it or not' :cool: the road from 1Bill to 3Bill should be waaaaay less bumpy than from 0 to 1Bill. Keep on trying

As for the bugged leaderboards, the guys at Farsight have told me twice they are fixing it soon but that has been 3 months already, so I am not sure it will happen soon, but that s ok.

I nailed a 2x continent bonus of around 187 million, and then promptly lost my final ball. Unless I counted wrong, the max number of extra balls available in the game is 9.

Yeah, there are only 9 extra balls for a total of 12 drains.

Here is a trick that sometimes keeps me straight while I play: Try to keep AT LEAST to 1 Tour per every 1 Drain that you play. This would theoretically give you a total of 12 Tours.

Here is a simple way to work your points:

If you use 2x in the Tour Bonus and you Nailed AUSTRAILIA and ASIA (easiest conts) there is a 20Mill increment (or thereabouts) added per TOUR. So I am counting as though you only complete those two continents (this is considered tight playing).

That means for the 12 Tours you have this many points per tour:
Tour 1 = 20 Million Bonus
Tour 2 = 40 Million Bonus
Tour 3 = 60 Million Bonus
Tour 4 = 80 Million Bonus
…………(continue in this fashion)……..
Tour 11 = 220 Million Bonus
Tour 12 = 240 Million Bonus

Add all these points and that gives you a total of 1.60 Billion on bonus ALONE. (Get lucky and nail a couple more tours and that means an extra half a Bill)

Meaning, that if you put a nice Atlantis on top of it, or nail that South America every now and then or increase the N. America jackpot and this will result in you being on the top spots as a consequence.

Of course my style is Not repetitive like I explained it above. I throw in some variations according to my score and my personality. However, the plan above is a good outline so that you work on it to add your own personal style on top of it.

Give it a try and keep us posted.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
A few hours later, I tried again. 2 hour session resulted in 1.8 billion and change. My tour bonus with multiplier was as you said, around 240 million.

I also started understanding what you mean by 'tight' play! I'm usually not fearful of sending a ball into the bumpers, but when 3 in a row result in a ball drain? So with Australia, instead of grazing the vari-target with a flip from the upper flipper that then sends it into the bumpers, I just let the ball fall to the lowers and set myself up for a clean double point shot. Shooting for Asia ceased to be an option.

Interestingly enough, I find South America to be one of my safest and most consistent continents. As for Atlantis, I really gotta find a way to score better during it. I think the best I've done so far is 29 million. That many balls, I can't aim for anything, and then once I'm down to 2 or 3, it seems I just drain way to easily. Maybe my focus is wrong in this mode, but I'm solely going for hitting the left ramp, then resetting by hitting the shrunken head. Best I've done is 4 jewel jackpots, so I've never landed the giant bonus for getting them all.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Welcome to the dark side. Have fun. :)
The PS3 score is not quite what you think it is.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Upped the dosage. Ha! My liver was workin' purty hard on that game indeed.

When I reached a 500mil tour bonus, I kinda started to keep track. I hit another 6-8 tour bonuses after that, ending up with a final tour bonus of 667mil. I did end up with 68 Ripley letters as well.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Upped the dosage. Ha! My liver was workin' purty hard on that game indeed.

When I reached a 500mil tour bonus, I kinda started to keep track. I hit another 6-8 tour bonuses after that, ending up with a final tour bonus of 667mil. I did end up with 68 Ripley letters as well.
I love how you mention the 68 Ripley's letters in passing, as if it were routine.

And here I am still bouncing off the walls when I "merely" reach Atlantis.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.