high resolution fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Hey guys,

Carl was nice enough to help me test something I just changed on his Nexus 10, but I realized that you guys might have other high resolution devices that could help out too.

Here is a link to a new build with some UI fixes. The issue was most notable on the Nexus 10 since its the highest resolution tablet (in the world I think) though others might have noticed the squashed small iu assets and text as well. Things should now properly scale up, button mappings should act better when close together as well. In addition, since we are now targeting the highest sdk there should be no more overflow menu button.

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity_n10test.apk

Let me know if there are any issues with the recent change and stay tuned next week for a Dr Dude / Firepower build.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm on the Galaxy S3 (Android 4.1.1), but thought I would check out the UI fixes. First thing, I rebooted my phone after install, but the app still crashed twice before opening on the third try. Second, I'm glad to see that the screen flash is gone when scrolling through tables. The UI feels silky smooth now, the buttons are much more responsive and the tables load without hesitation (as is currently present in version 1.10.0). Keep up the great work Ryan and can't wait till next week.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Hi Ryan, I looks good and performs well on my ASUS TF-700T with stock JB.

Timelord ...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
All good on the TF300T Ryan. That is, definitely no regressions. The screen res on the TF300T was only 720p anyhow, so the menu issues that Carl experienced never happened in my model.

Looking forward to the new tables next week. Never played either of them, so it will be a bit of a treat.

N

Nik Barbour

Nexus7 - noticeable response improvement in menus.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, the menu is more responsive on my N7, too. Does look smoother and more hi-res now. If I was smart, I would have taken screencaps on the menu before I installed, just for reference.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I am not sure if the ui will look any larger on a n7 since thats right about the upper limit now, but on anything with a higher resolution you will. The responsiveness you will though of course =)

heavydskipp

May 31, 2012
Hey Ryan would it be possible to get a cabinet camera. So we could look at the artwork on the entire pinball table. An all around view would be cool to see the artwork on the sides of the table and back glass. Not just the play field, but the whole table itself.

N

netizen

It looks great Ryan.

Things are mapping out properly in Portrait perspective. The only thing that is of an artistic/aesthetic issue is, on some tables, in landscape perspective the table name/logo obscures the top list item in the menu.

IMG_20130202_015709.JPG

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Not a big deal, but the Attack from Mars pinball machine graphic on the table select screen is a bit smaller than the rest of the pinball machine graphics.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for all the reports guys! Looks like art has a few things to do, but I am submitting this build to Google Play so that others can enjoy the fixes as well. Here are the notes in case you are wondering:

1.10.1 Patch:
-UI fixes for high resolution devices like Nexus 10 (assets should scale properly now).
-UI fixes in general for all devices for better responsiveness.
-Fixed a flickering issue when scrolling through tables on some devices.
-Action overflow button has been removed.
-Fixed a rare crash on boot up that some were seeing.
-Fixed some downloading crashes when the user hits home or locks the device.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for all the reports guys! Looks like art has a few things to do, but I am submitting this build to Google Play so that others can enjoy the fixes as well. Here are the notes in case you are wondering:

1.10.1 Patch:
-UI fixes for high resolution devices like Nexus 10 (assets should scale properly now).

Great news, Ryan! Thanks for being so responsive to the community. You have a wonderful product.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Really excellent work, Ryan.

Lots of people complained about the new UI when it debuted, but I'm a fan. This update makes it even better. Very slick and responsive. I even tried to get the rotation-black-screen bug to trigger, but it seems to be completely taken care of.

N

netizen

before you submit it you should be aware that on STTNG the trigger button is now tied to the R Flipper in game again. So that it changes command decisions, and the pre game selections. This will generate a wealth if complaints and need a fix, ASAP.

I don't know if this is due to the resizing of the button, or what.

The Pro Tables are also now holding time and date, wuth the table daye being a month behind as it was previously.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

1.10.1 Patch:

Great work, Ryan.

Discussion thread for new update (Thanks to PW)
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3380-Android-Version-1-10-1-Discussion-And-Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts