Android Version 1.10.1 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Android version 1.10.1 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

N

netizen

Oh snap. That flipper bounce in MM is back. If you try and just straight trap a Super Skill Shot the ball will bounce up from the L Flipper right into the catapult. :eek: It's almost as if it gets vacuumed in there, but that's something else.

If anything this will give some strangely frustrating practice at live and drop catches or on the fly rolling shots.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So for those who were wondering why some of the latest tables needed to be downloaded again, I think it is because the special buttons have been normalized across some tables.

The ones I had to download again were:

AFM
ST:TNG
GENIE
TWILIGHT ZONE
MEDIEVAL MADNESS

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
So for those who were wondering why some of the latest tables needed to be downloaded again, I think it is because the special buttons have been normalized across some tables.

AFM
GENIE
TWILIGHT ZONE
MEDIEVAL MADNESS

Jared or netizen, is the issue of the trigger being tied to the right flipper still present even after downloading the new ST: TNG table? If so, I'll probably wait on the update.

N

netizen

the issue of the trigger being tied to the R Flipper in STTNG re-appeared in this update and is still present with the new downloaded table data.

If you weren't using a Nexus 10, A Kindle/Nook HD, or the HTC model I can't remember that had the issue with the menu mapping then you can probably wait and not feel like you are really missing anything, IMO.

Last edited:

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
OK, thanks for the info, netizen.

I really wanted to try the new version hoping it would fix this occasional but consistent gameplay stutter I still get periodically on my Nexus 10. It's like a hitch you might experience when a notification arrives in the background giving you that split-second performance hit, except that's not what it is because I make sure to have all that kind of stuff turned off.

This issue is pretty much my main TPA gripe at the moment. Never used to happen on my Nexus 7, it was always perfectly smooth on that device. Still unclear as to why the Nexus 10 has this issue seeing as how it's more powerful overall than the 7... I guess the higher resolution maybe? It's frustrating...

You have a Nexus 10, do you ever experience this problem?

N

netizen

I rarely get/got a stutter issue on my Nexus 10. The only table that has a stutter was RBION. I haven't tried that table since the new version code optimization. Probably will give it a try out later today, if I don't get distracted.

I really don't use my Nexus 10 for anything but gaming, so there are no accounts to sync, no emails etc being pushed. The biggest background event is the play store updating apps, or if I have a music app playing at the same time.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012

AFM
GENIE
TWILIGHT ZONE
MEDIEVAL MADNESS

If that's the case, what about the tables that don't have a launch button but still updated?

As far as I can see it looks like the playfield on Genie has been cleaned up a bit. The boxes around the lights are still present, but much less noticeable.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012

AFM
GENIE
TWILIGHT ZONE
MEDIEVAL MADNESS

Thanks for the post, Jared. I came looking exactly for this info. I didn't want to go to each table I have to see if the table needed downloaded.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hey Ryan,

If table assets are updated each release, can you provide a basic change log for each table?

It would stop us trying to guess what improvements were made to the tables (although some could argue this is "fun" to do). ;)

its also worth taking the time to say thanks for doing async updates for patches, rather than waiting for a month to fix issues. It must add a layer of extra work for you to push out async builds, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who really appreciates your effort.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks for the post, Jared. I came looking exactly for this info. I didn't want to go to each table I have to see if the table needed downloaded.

No problem :D

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the clue to finding out whether a table has updated "assets" (things like graphics, physics, and bug fixes), is that when you scroll through the table list, the game's attract music is replaced by the default Pinball Arcade menu music (listen for the "cowbell" track when you scroll between them).

@Ryan, I don't know if this is possible to implement easily (probably more of a cross-platform implementation task) but having a way to auto-update all game assets on first-run after a Google Play / sideloaded Beta Build update would be absolutely AWESOME!.

In the case of the latest update, a menu system that has each table listed and a status bar (rather than one generic "updating table assets" status bar that would crawl by the pixel for this many tables).

('scuse my "awesome" ASCII-style menu example. I'm sure Jason could probably improve on this :p)

Code:
==========================================
| Attack From Mars 0% |----x------| 100% |
| Star Trek: TNG   0% |-------x---| 100% |
| Genie            0% |--x--------| 100% |
| Twilight Zone    0% |----x------| 100% |
| Medieval Madness 0% |-------x---| 100% |
==========================================

And a way for this data to be downloaded as a background android task would also be awesome!

There is nothing worse that this updating process being interrupted and you have to start all over again.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If that's the case, what about the tables that don't have a launch button but still updated?

As far as I can see it looks like the playfield on Genie has been cleaned up a bit. The boxes around the lights are still present, but much less noticeable.

That's great to hear, but this is exactly what I'm talking about.

We can only guess without a per-table, change log (terse details at a minimum, more detailed info FTW)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
This time nothing actually changed in the tables. We had a res bug introduced a few weeks ago that was causing memory fragmentation. The details of it are basically a memory alignment issue. So on some devices this was causing crashes after a while, you may never have seen it. Other than that nothing else should have changed, we have not had time to work on those tables to my knowledge.

The star trek button however is android specific, ill take a look at that monday

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This time nothing actually changed in the tables. We had a res bug introduced a few weeks ago that was causing memory fragmentation. The details of it are basically a memory alignment issue. So on some devices this was causing crashes after a while, you may never have seen it. Other than that nothing else should have changed, we have not had time to work on those tables to my knowledge.

The star trek button however is android specific, ill take a look at that monday

Thanks for sorting the star trek button, Ryan.

I wonder why those tables needed to be updated? Would it have been because I ran the beta before updating, and that forced an update somehow.

Every time I install an updated build, I always update all tables. Were any table assets changed in the interim beta, in any way, Ryan?

Maybe I missed some last time, but all the tables identified in my other post are ones I would have played in the last production build.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
the issue of the trigger being tied to the R Flipper in STTNG re-appeared in this update and is still present with the new downloaded table data.

I'm not getting this issue on my Galaxy S III. I'm still able to freely choose a pre-launch scenario with either flipper before pressing the trigger button. Also, when choosing a mission, pressing the trigger button doesn't change the mission I selected. Everything seems to still be working fine here.

N

netizen

I'm not getting this issue on my Galaxy S III. I'm still able to freely choose a pre-launch scenario with either flipper before pressing the trigger button. Also, when choosing a mission, pressing the trigger button doesn't change the mission I selected. Everything seems to still be working fine here.

Did your S III get all it's menu assets re sized, re mapped and re scaled in this build though?

Every device with an X-Large screen resolution did, and this re scaling etc seems to have changed not only the menu assets but the way the touch zones interact. For example the trigger button increased ~10 x in size on a Nexus 10, and moved in placement. All which leads to the trigger button being tied to the R Flipper when activated/pressed/used.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I wonder why those tables needed to be updated? Would it have been because I ran the beta before updating, and that forced an update somehow.

I had to re-download those tables too, on both of my Android devices. It didn't seem like anything had actually changed.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Couple of problems I've noticed, when trying to do a skill shot by holding left flipper the ball is plunging itself.

Secondly, when I open Gorgar from 'My Tables' and press leaderboard, it shows the tournament scores but not the regular ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts