Hey there... new here... like it so far.

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
I go by noneed4me2. Got a wife and 4 kids and mad luv for pinball. I am disabled stay at home dad and doubt I will ever own a real pin but the great recreations done by Farsight look and play great, except Circus Voltaire on android.

I used to play the real pins of most of the tables at my wife's old place of employment Castle Park in Riverside CA. They had an excellent selection and I would often play for free whenever I could (employees were given a lot of perks). There was also a 7eleven by my old home in the LBC that always had 1 or 2 well maintained pins CFBL, and ToM were a couple I played for years there. This was mostly in the 90s, and I wasn't aware pinball was in its heyday. Now I am almost 40 and rediscovered all these emulators and digital versions of the games I fell in love with. NGG, ToTAN, and TZ are my favorite pins but I like nearly all of TPA's pics.

I am going to see about getting a copy of PHoF Williams for PS3 but it seems pricey and hard to come buy but I am patient. I also have a decent PC that I run VPmame and the more popular tables. My boys love the pinball games but tend to prefer the newer digital zen tables. I want to take them and the rest of the gang to check out some real tables eventually and my oldest boy is trying his hand at making his own tables with VPmame. One day I may seek to get at least one real pin maybe a more modern Stern table like TSPP, FG, Shreck, or RBioN and/or/maybe a custom vpmame cabinet.

For now emulation is good enough and I love the community and all the rediscovery and sharing of pinball history. I play TPA on my Nexus 7 and PS3 and am hoping to add and iPad 4 for my wife and an Asus tf700 (I know the Nexus 10 is great but I want a total pc replacement android device that has decent memory expansion options and the tf700 has that in spades with the keyboard doc and I already have the N7 which is awesome in its own right. And I use a lot of arcade/retro console emulators and all those ROMs and chd files take a lot of room).

Looking at the I-cade mini cab and the 8-bitty controller for my next upgrade. My N7 isn't rooted so until Google fixes the Bluetooth stack issues in its next update I can't use a wiimote and nudging is next to impossible for me on my N7 without an external controller for me atleast.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
LBC! Thats where I was born. Those were the days, I remember playing funhouse and whirlwind at 7e. Welcome and GO NINERS!!

N

Nik Barbour

My N7 isn't rooted so until Google fixes the Bluetooth stack issues in its next update I can't use a wiimote and nudging is next to impossible for me on my N7 without an external controller for me atleast.

Hey noneed4me2- welcome.
Don't want to piss on your chips but...... if you aren't rooted, even if Google fixes the Bluetooth issues introduced 4.2.1, you still won't be able to play TPA with a controller as it doesn't currently have custom or any redefineable inputs. It's touchscreen only unless Farsight change it.

You currently need to be rooted - then you could use either 'BTUSB', or 'Game keyboard' in conjunction with 'Bluez. Ime' - this being if Google fix the bluetooth connectivity.

Or 'Sixaxis' works with 4.2.1 in its current broken status, but does require root still.

If you need any help or want advice, just PM.
See you around.

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
Hey noneed4me2- welcome.
Don't want to piss on your chips but...... if you aren't rooted, even if Google fixes the Bluetooth issues introduced 4.2.1, you still won't be able to play TPA with a controller as it doesn't currently have custom or any redefineable inputs. It's touchscreen only unless Farsight change it.

You currently need to be rooted - then you could use either 'BTUSB', or 'Game keyboard' in conjunction with 'Bluez. Ime' - this being if Google fix the bluetooth connectivity.

Or 'Sixaxis' works with 4.2.1 in its current broken status, but does require root still.

If you need any help or want advice, just PM.
See you around.

Did not know this so I guess more wait and see type thing... Still I am looking into controller support for my other emulators (NEO.emu, PCE.emu, u get the picture) so at least I will be ready when FS gets around to it. Can VPMame be ported to android? It would not replace TPA by any means but it would be nice to have access to some of the rarer pins FS would have issues doing.

On rooting odds are I will eventually do it but would like to have a backup device first just in case of bricking. I saw tutorials on using the wiimote sans rooting but this was before the 4.2 update. I didn't find out about rooting till I had it abit and am loath to loosing my data. Ways around it I know, but hey, I get lazy as I am the family IT guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.