White Water

karl

May 10, 2012
Judging from the scrambled office picture, lets assume White Water is coming in the near future.

I am very curios about how this one will turn out. It will be a very hard table to get right on tablets especially. It has a upper playfield and a lot of clear plastic ramps. Two things that seem to be troublesome for Farsight on tablets. The Insanity Falls ramp all along the left side is, well, Insane with it ups and downs and the ball hitting the glass. Emulating the moving Bigfoot head will also be a big challenge to look good. I am not being pessimistic here, just curios and exited.

Any thoughts on this?

Debelius

Jun 26, 2012
Can't see why the ramp should be more of an issue than the one on Harley. Hopefully they can do clear ramps as on TOTAN. As for Bigfoot, we just have to have faith :)

Can't wait for this one....

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
I would love to see a good recreation of WW for TPA. Its my boys favorite table on VPmame but is hard to come across well digitally I think. Hope to find a real version for them to try someday. I remember playing it at Aladdin's Castle at the Lakewood mall. Anytime I found a WW it was always beat to hell but still so fun to play.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Karl, the same questions entered my head the last time I ws playing WW.
I think the ramp won't be an issue. They have shown that they can do crazy ramps with the Elvira ramps. And they look and feel spot on to me. The falls ramp doesn't have the ball traveling under it, so I think they will be fine with it.
The big foot animation shouldn't be an issue. I'm confident they can handle that as well. The hair texture might be tough, but at least it doesn't effect game play.
My biggest worry is that top section and upper flipper. I will be having Black Knight nightmares about that just ruining the table.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
The top section is fairly simple. There are just two shots from the top flipper, and anything else your ball does up there isn't really important, cause if you don't make either the waterfall or whirlpool shot immediately, it's nearly impossible to do anything other than just passing up on it, to have it collected by the right inlane.

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
The mineshaft shot, which is crucial I think to get to the wizard mode, can be an issue if the physics aren't done right. Still it would be great to see and I think Farsight has a better chance at doing it right. Now here's hoping they can do BigBangBar.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Are you thinking about the kickout? From what I hear it's usually a bit random on most tables, but as long as it doesn't send the ball directly to a drain (which I think would be highly unlikely, as it's aimed for the right flipper), I don't mind it being a little random. It's a good way to mess the game up a bit.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
This used to be one of the tables I owned, and is one of my favourites, without doubt.

Clear plastics are something that could and should be improved in TPA, especially within the PC version, but also for the console versions. White Water is a table re-creation that could go horribly wrong, but I am sure FarSight will give it the treatment it deserves, and do it justice.

Karl, given your avatar, you'll no doubt be aware that bigfoot's fur is another tricky one! ;)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Yeah :) It's pretty common in games from this generation. I'm sure it won't be a problem to FarSight.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I am really looking forward to White Water and hope it is in the pipeline in the near fututre (well, playing on PS3 you never know hehe) but I think this game is really nice :D

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Are you thinking about the kickout? From what I hear it's usually a bit random on most tables, but as long as it doesn't send the ball directly to a drain (which I think would be highly unlikely, as it's aimed for the right flipper), I don't mind it being a little random. It's a good way to mess the game up a bit.

I had a WH20 near me once where the lost mine kick out was a perfect dead bounce to the left flipper. Whirlpool challenge that dreams are made of.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Yeah :) It's pretty common in games from this generation. I'm sure it won't be a problem to FarSight.

Doing it at 1080p at 60fps is another thing entirely, though.

Can't imagine you'd see a fur shader running on the mobile devices.

And I wouldn't hold your breath for the shader on the consoles either.

Instead, I think we'll just see the usual: painted textures.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Doing it at 1080p at 60fps is another thing entirely, though.

Can't imagine you'd see a fur shader running on the mobile devices.

And I wouldn't hold your breath for the shader on the consoles either.

Instead, I think we'll just see the usual: painted textures.

Absolutely right. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.