finnally got a new pc. when will we see this on pc?

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Finnally got a new pc.
Digital storm bolt
I7 quad overclocked to 4.4 ghz, 16 gb of ram, nvidia 680 2gb, 120 gb ssd, 2 tb hdd, windows 7.
All packed in a case the size of an xbox.
Got it hooked to my 50 inch tv in the living room.

Only problem, no pinball arcade to play on it.

Its been a year, will I evsr see this on my console sized pc

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Every week I hope for an update on this or the 360 version. Instead, we get an announcement of either the next pack or some "feature story". I'm not mad about that-but let's face it, it's hard to care about pack #9 when xbox users are still on DLC#3 and PC users don't even have the initial 4-pack which has been out for nearly a year for smartphones. This from a company that said, with a straight face no less, that all platforms would be supported.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Finnally got a new pc.
Digital storm bolt
I7 quad overclocked to 4.4 ghz, 16 gb of ram, nvidia 680 2gb, 120 gb ssd, 2 tb hdd, windows 7.
Got it hooked to my 50 inch tv in the living room.

Only problem, no pinball arcade to play on it.

Its been a year, will I evsr see this on my console sized pc

Well personally besides **** you for the small form factor sweet rig,

Im hoping fs new microsoft publisher can solve greenlight issues

Otherwise we be fook

Pinball Buzz

Jan 29, 2013
Sounds a nice rig UW. Now let's try to run an emulated version of android on it !! Buzz

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
Also bluestacks runs it. Only problem unless you want to improve your one hand skills, playing with a mouse on a multitouch game is not extremely fun. Also the GFX suck compared to everything else.

unclewilly, is that your future cab rig or just a gaming pc?

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Just my vp development and gaming rig.

My cab is a cocktail so one screen and a real dmd
It has an i7 quad 3.4 ghz
16gb ram
2nvidia 260 1gb

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Every week I hope for an update on this or the 360 version. Instead, we get an announcement of either the next pack or some "feature story". I'm not mad about that-but let's face it, it's hard to care about pack #9 when xbox users are still on DLC#3 and PC users don't even have the initial 4-pack which has been out for nearly a year for smartphones.

This is kinda how I feel, granting that FS is doing their best I'm sure with the various roadblocks for these two platforms. It is disappointing to see the IOS get all the new releases while I sit on my thumbs waiting for the PC version. I would get the IOS versions but I don't really want them, that's the heartbreaking thing. I'll wait for real buttons and graphics rather than rebuying tables for multiple platforms.

I've said it before, I keep evangelizing TPA in other forums to help get as many votes as we can on greenlight, and you guys should do the same. I hope that the new 360 publisher turns out to be a PC publisher too, but in the meantime it's all we can do.

Mr. Pacman

Feb 28, 2012
I've said it before, I keep evangelizing TPA in other forums to help get as many votes as we can on greenlight, and you guys should do the same.

I did it with passion when I first heard about TPA, but I was waiting for over 6 months for a release and they gave a priority in mobile devices and consoles...and we still wait for a PC version!!! This is stupid because the best game console is a PC and the most serious video pinball fans have a PC pinball cabinet. Now I have my eyes on the remastered Pro Pinball tables which look "out of this world". I provoke Farsight to make me look at their product again...not with promises but, with actions! It's stupid for them to ignore PC customers.

Last edited:

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I think the IOS platform is probably the most lucrative for FS, so that's understandable. I'm not sure why, but I don't think the PC market does as well, maybe due to piracy issues. I think Steam has made a big change in that recently though, and many developers are doing well there.. I just hope TPA can join them soon!

I would love to play TZ/TNG above all right now, on PC. The other tables would be a bonus.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
It doesn't make sense...Android version has graphics which are even optimized for the most crappy phones...That means, it looks like a Visual Pinball 8 table. It also lacks many lighting effects. It's definitely not suitable for a big screen or a proper graphics card.

I hooked up my Android phone to a HDMI monitor, and that did look pretty good. Nowhere as nice as on Xbox 360, but still better than I had expected.

Anyway I was just asking if anyone tried it, because I can't play TPA on a phone, I just can't.

Mr. Pacman

Feb 28, 2012
I hooked up my Android phone to a HDMI monitor, and that did look pretty good. Nowhere as nice as on Xbox 360, but still better than I had expected.

Anyway I was just asking if anyone tried it, because I can't play TPA on a phone, I just can't.

Try Visual Pinball 9...it's free and in many cases better compared to the TPA Android version...

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I still haven't played a single Visual Pinball 9 table that's even remotely as playable as the ones in TPA.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012

Nice specs dude... you HAVE to shows pics. My PC is a similar spec and my case is the size of a small car. How do you keep that thing cool ? I have a 250mm fan blowing straight on my GTX670 and I can still light a cigarette on it (not literally, obviously... I'm just saying, it gets hot...) What PSU do you have ? My 1100w PSU wouldn't even fit in an XBOX case by itself, let alone all the other gubbins...

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
"need" and "want" are 2 different things... I got a gift card from Newegg and the PSU was on sale.

Actually, the wattage is irrelevant, I'm just curious as to the form factor in such a tiny space.

Scratch everything. Just went on the manufacturers website.

Last edited:

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I still haven't played a single Visual Pinball 9 table that's even remotely as playable as the ones in TPA.

You must not have tried very much. I have found many new VP tables that are MUCH better than TPA. The starter of this thread has many that are simply awesome. Which ones have you tried?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
A lot of different ones. Offhand, I can remember at least Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Star Trek TNG, Dracula, Cactus Canyon, CTFBL, 1812, Doctor Who, Fish Tales, Indy (williams), Junk Yard, LOTR, SPP, Swords of Fury, BK2000, White Water and WCS94. None of those came even close to the tables (re)created by FarSight.
The only one that was able to match TPA was that Terminator 2 tables someone made a thread about on this forum a while back.

I'm very interested in hearing which VP tables you'd recommend, especially if you're claiming that they are on par (or better, even!) with the tables in TPA, cause the ratings on vpforums aren't anything to go by - nearly every table has 5/5 stars!

Feel free to send me a PM, if you feel it's too off-topic for this thread.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
A lot of different ones. Offhand, I can remember at least Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Star Trek TNG, Dracula, Cactus Canyon, CTFBL, 1812, Doctor Who, Fish Tales, Indy (williams), Junk Yard, LOTR, SPP, Swords of Fury, BK2000, White Water and WCS94. None of those came even close to the tables (re)created by FarSight.
The only one that was able to match TPA was that Terminator 2 tables someone made a thread about on this forum a while back.

I'm very interested in hearing which VP tables you'd recommend, especially if you're claiming that they are on par (or better, even!) with the tables in TPA, cause the ratings on vpforums aren't anything to go by - nearly every table has 5/5 stars!

Feel free to send me a PM, if you feel it's too off-topic for this thread.

Of those tables you've listed, only TZ, ST:TnG, and CFTBL have been recreated by Pinball Arcade. And as a PC and 360 owner not currently using VP-I have no grounds to make any judgement on the re-creation quality of those tables on either platform.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts