would you like to beta?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Hey Amazon users,

Just wanted to touch bases with you guys and see if anyone would be interested in being a beta tester for any of the Kindle devices. We are attempting to improve the Amazon release date procedure and this would help. Keep in mind you would lose your local scores etc since you would need to uninstall the original to install the Beta.

thanks,
Ryan

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
Hey Ryan, I could certainly Beta test on Fire HD (7") and I have the first edition KF as well. Not concerned about local scores and goals.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
So the kindle uses a different build? I Kinda assumed they were the same but you just had to submit them to a different store.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
its a very similar package, but they are different builds yes. Anyone get to try it?

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
I'll get on it tonight. Been a little busy this week. By the way, neither of my devices are rooted.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
I know this isn't official bug format, but just a couple of very quick observations:

Install went without a hitch. I uninstalled my official release and downloaded apk from above.

Interface worked perfectly in portrait mode, and all the tables scroll fluidly. I clicked on Firepower and tried to buy the table pack, and the game froze completely. I couldn't back out of game, but could exit using home button. I killed all running apps using Gemini and then relaunched PBA. This time I selected to play the trial version of Firepower, and it went to download screen without a problem. During play, in portrait, I noticed the table was cropped on left and right, as if it was under the big bezel on the Kindle Fire HD. This was view 1. I quickly exceeded the free play score, and then was given the option to buy the table pack again. I tried to purchase, and again, it completely froze. I have a feeling this is more a function of the Amazon App Store, then of PBA. But I can't purchase and download the tables, so my input isn't very helpful.

Gameplay of Firepower seemed fine. I will check Doctor Dude next, but that is a new machine for me!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
So wait. If you beta test, then would you need to buy any of the tables in order to iron out any bugs existing in the games, including the Pro modes?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm an iOS beta tester so take what you want from this but on iOS you can't buy tables within a beta release.

N

Nik Barbour

For Android - beta is having early access to the Google Play Store version, so yes you are expected to buy everything you want to be able to access.
Purchases made in beta are valid in market release.

Wulftown

Dec 8, 2012
Yeah I was able to install ok. The updated menus look and work great on the 8.9 Kindle. All the my purchased tables aren't recognized so I can only test up to the demo limit.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah it doesn't look like that is going to work the way I thought, Amazon must do something on their end to make the package communicate properly with the purchasing server. If you like I can add the entitlement so you can test past the limit. PM me your farsight login info if you need this.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok just verified this, for those of you that installed the beta PM me and I will attach the entitlements to your email. Then you should just have to log in. However because the Amazon apk has not been signed by amazon yet it won't talk to the purchasing server. So when you are done betaing, uninstall and get the one off the app store to get your tables back.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
So, you guys are unable to test the new tables beyond the first high score?

Normally the first few days we are limited to the first high score but then Gord emails them to request an unlock and they fully unlock for us. This hasn't happened for this table pack though so we've only been able to test to the first high score.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
One way to get a better idea about gameplay, while you don't have full table, is to select 4 players before starting, and then hoping you don't have a good first ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts