Has anyone received their kickstarter code yet?

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
Check the PS3 forum because supposedly Farsight won't be sending out codes for Kickstarter rewards until later in the week.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FarSight will be sending out download codes to the email you used for your Kickstarter account throughout the week.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
They will probably start out at the bottom and send codes out to people who donated $1 first. The person who contributed $5000, they will be the last to receive their code. That seems to be how Farsight operates.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
If Farsight want the next kickstarter to be successful they better sort this crap out, there's no way backers should get their reward AFTER everyone else! They need to sort out how they are going to do better next time and declare it right from the off. I wouldn't blame anyone for not backing the next one if they don't do this.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Except by that logic there won't BE a next one.

I do agree, backers should get priority, but if anyone used that as an excuse not to back their future efforts they are only shooting themselves in the foot.

topes521

Oct 16, 2012
I AM using this an excuse not to back anything in the future from them. Anyone who proves, time and time again, to be this incompetent doesn't deserve my money. I'm willing to cut my losses now and live with what I have if Farsight weren't financially able to release another table. Fool me once shame on me. There will be no "fool me twice".

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Except by that logic there won't BE a next one.

I do agree, backers should get priority, but if anyone used that as an excuse not to back their future efforts they are only shooting themselves in the foot.

I didn't say I won't be backing them, I said I wouldn't blame anyone for not backing the next one, they haven't actually stitched me up yet ( ios ) but I would be livid if like a lot of angry people on here, I had backed them way over the actuall price everyone else is getting the table for on release day and I don't even have the table yet. Some pledged 100's of $'s for F..... S... ( ah thats what FS stands for, I thought people were abreviating their name!.)

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Well I can certainly understand why someone who backed them for $100 might decide to only bother offering $10 next time.

Is this thread meant to be related to a specific table?

I didn't get the chance to back them for Star Trek TNG (although I would have if I had known at the time, it had ended by the time I found out) but I have to admit its annoying having seen it on my Android phone for weeks now and not yet on PS Vita/PS3.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Well I can certainly understand why someone who backed them for $100 might decide to only bother offering $10 next time.

Is this thread meant to be related to a specific table?

I didn't get the chance to back them for Star Trek TNG (although I would have if I had known at the time, it had ended by the time I found out) but I have to admit its annoying having seen it on my Android phone for weeks now and not yet on PS Vita/PS3.

Well you're new here and welcome to you .

We have insight here about how FarSight has to go through various red-tape for the consoles , with Microsoft they have a very steep fee for adding patches($40,000 from most reports) that add all the DLC , and a very vague approval process that comes with no support about fixing a rejected patch submitted. As for PS3? They submit it months in advance and Sony leaves them in the dark about when it will be released in the store , sometimes postponing it for very odd reasons as was the case with Twilight Zone most recently. The Apple store allows them quicker approvals and within the same month releases , and nearly that with android and Mac . So they do their best, and occasionally they find a gamebreaking bug and put the brakes on themselves, but mostly it bureucratic red-tape from the companies they distribute to.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I believe we have had the codes for a while but they didn't work. Because this whole cross play thing is still in the pioneering stage they messed up some entitlement requirement so they werent working at all. Our Sony rep just got back to us and just waiting for the go ahead from Bobby to press the button on the script I wrote.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok they should arrive in your inbox now as the script runs through them. Europe has yet to give us our codes however so stay tuned for that.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
I've just got the codes, but they do not work, probably they are for the US account, but mine is EU. Why did you assume that I have a US account?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
perhaps you did not specify? Either way email support or message rob here, he is taking care of those.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
I've e-mailed support already. Where should I have specified EU vs US account? I've responded to the kickstarter e-mail and specified my local address in Russia. There was no option to specify that I use EU account.

Please correct me if there is some way to specify it and you've informed your bakers about it.

Rob Mann

FarSight Employee
Nov 7, 2012
Most of the kickstarter surveys that we sent out had a spot to put in your mailing address and country, because it was trying to be used as a method for tracking farsight accounts. But some of the surveys went out without this enabled and as a result, we don't have the countries for some of the backers. When we get the EU codes, some of you will get a second set of codes as a result.

Last edited:

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
Rob, thanks for the reply, hope to get the EU codes soon. As far as I remember, the survey I've completed contained the mailing address and country fields and I filled them correctly.

Members online

Members online