New table exploration camera?: our first glimpse of cabinet style view

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Sorry, if this is old news, but I just noticed that table exploration from the pro menu on Android has a much improved camera view angle now (as of 1.10.1). In the past, it used to be that pinch-zooming would go right through the table graphics and the camera path was on a somewhat random, yet predefined, track. Now it starts out with a really nice perfectly top-down view of the table which can be zoomed in, but only to the point where the camera would be touching the playfield glass. If you zoom in just right, you can see what a full screen cabinet view would look like: and it looks great! Wouldn't mind having this camera angle as an official camera 5...

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I asked for more camera angles or ability to set our own;

1) more camera angles or allow us to set the angle ourselves : I play in portrait on my iPad and like a fairly low angle (4) on most tables ( but FH and CFTBL lowest camera is too low even for me ) but the lowest camera on MB and NGG isn't low enough. Just let us set our own and keep everyone happy.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
That would solve a lot of complaining, but would they have to lock the view, or is it possible to still use a moving camera?

I'd be just fine with a static camera for custom angles, but the option of scrolling cam would obviously be better.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I always disable the auto-scroll/zoom when playing, a fast return from a ramp entrance or similar, is pretty dangerous when you can't see the flippers before the camera realizes it has to pan back.
It took me a while to realise, but switching to always using a static camera improved my game on several tables by a lot!

I only enable the auto-cam whenever the ball goes up to rollovers that are located in a hard to see area, like over the bumpers in both MM and MB (making the skill shot a little difficult on MB, as you some times need to be really fast to change the camera angle after making the plunge)

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
Is there anyway to see the back glass art? I have the Pro versions of TZ and Scared Stiff, and it would be nice to see, well, okay, that rather nice rendering of Elvira and to a lesser degree the details in the TZ backglass art.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.