Zen has a Star War license!!!

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Just found out today that Zen Studios has acquired a license to do Star War tables. Much like that Marvel franchise, Zen will be doing 10 tables to commemorate the series. Supposedly we'll be getting some tables this month. Check out the article here from IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/star-wars-pinball-is-real-exclusive-footage-here

My only question here is.....will TPA still be able to recreate the Star War tables from Williams, Data East and such?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Just found out today that Zen Studios has acquired a license to do Star War tables. Much like that Marvel franchise, Zen will be doing 10 tables to commemorate the series. Supposedly we'll be getting some tables this month. Check out the article here from IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/star-wars-pinball-is-real-exclusive-footage-here

My only question here is.....will TPA still be able to recreate the Star War tables from Williams, Data East and such?

That will depend mostly on Disney and their license with Zen. If the contract gives Zen exclusive rights to make Star Wars video pinball games then we won't see a TPA Star Wars table for the duration of that license. If it doesn't then maybe. Disney is about making money so if the folks at Disney think it is in their best interest, then yes.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
That will depend mostly on Disney and their license with Zen. If the contract gives Zen exclusive rights to make Star Wars video pinball games then we won't see a TPA Star Wars table for the duration of that license. If it doesn't then maybe. Disney is about making money so if the folks at Disney think it is in their best interest, then yes.

So it's possible that Zen has "exclusive" rights to Star Wars? Crazy! So no Star Wars Data East pinball table, Star Wars Sega pinball table, Star Wars Trilogy, Star Wars Williams pinball table, Episode one? That would suck balls for FarSight if they couldn't recreate those favorites. Well this is still great news for pinball fans and Star War fans alike. I can't wait to play them.

Oh and I keep forgetting Disney has the rights now. Silly me...:p

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
Whether Zen has an exclusive license or not I doubt we ever see any of the Star Wars table on TPA. I bet those old tables violate all sorts of current corporate rules about how the Star Wars brand can be used. We can't even get the original films re-released! Would they really re-license something from the pre-Jar Jar era?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Whether Zen has an exclusive license or not I doubt we ever see any of the Star Wars table on TPA. I bet those old tables violate all sorts of current corporate rules about how the Star Wars brand can be used. We can't even get the original films re-released! Would they really re-license something from the pre-Jar Jar era?

Now that Disney owns it the old rules no longer apply. Disney didn't buy some limited rights to Star Wars. They bought Star Wars, ILM, LucasFilm, LucasArts, etc lock, stock and barrel. Disney can do whatever they want with it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Now that Disney owns it the old rules no longer apply. Disney didn't buy some limited rights to Star Wars. They bought Star Wars, ILM, LucasFilm, LucasArts, etc lock, stock and barrel. Disney can do whatever they want with it.
Yep, it works differently when you buy the entire licensor instead of just the license! :p

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Ok Zen Pinball 2 just got me to care.

the rumours we heard over here from someone after the Disney buyout of Lucasfilm , very true.

The tables are still over the top and cheesie , but now it's StarWars flavored cheese , so Zen 2 wins , Im impressed , I will buy.

Sorry dude....beat you to it. :p Glad you're buying it now.

I think we (as in a pinball community) are about to get a whole lot more players now. Who in the hell doesn't like Star Wars outside of my sisters?! LOL

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Figured they would get it after the Disney acquisition news.

But wow... 10 tables? I wonder if they will have to delve into the expanded universe territory to come up with 10 interesting concepts.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Figured they would get it after the Disney acquisition news.

But wow... 10 tables? I wonder if they will have to delve into the expanded universe territory to come up with 10 interesting concepts.

According to Barbiebobomb (Zen's community manager), some of the tables are going to focus on events that occurred in the series. They got plenty to go with actually. So within the month we'll be getting a Boba Fett table, an Empire Strikes back table, and a Clone Wars (from the Cartoon Network show) table. It looks awesome!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
You know what annoys me? There wasn't a bum table design in the bunch , Fett's table? of course I was into Boba Fett before he was ever on screen including the StarWars Holiday Wookie Christmas , the flier for his mail away figure , was proof enough.

But the ESB and Clone Wars tables ? again those are appealing designs to me. I hate being a hypocrite , but Zen still feeels like a cookie cutter contrivance , I dont expect StarWars to change that, just make it more fun to play.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
According to Barbiebobomb (Zen's community manager), some of the tables are going to focus on events that occurred in the series. They got plenty to go with actually. So within the month we'll be getting a Boba Fett table, an Empire Strikes back table, and a Clone Wars (from the Cartoon Network show) table. It looks awesome!

Actually Clone Wars is based on the movie adaption from what I read.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
What I meant is that the Clone Wars table that Zen used is derived from the Cartoon Network show. Take a look...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...d-ps-vita-this-month/comment-page-2/#comments

I don't know how to host pics on here. It always comes out wrong. LOL

So the Clone Wars TV series syndicated pilot is actually called Clone Wars the movie , and was theatrically released , I've seen the table and it fits with that film , which is not the Prequel trilogy , which is where the mixup might be .

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
So the Clone Wars TV series syndicated pilot is actually called Clone Wars the movie , and was theatrically released , I've seen the table and it fits with that film , which is not the Prequel trilogy , which is where the mixup might be .

Ahhh I see...my mistake then! I haven't seen that movie yet. I think it's about time I go on Netflix and check it out. I'll have to ask Zen if they got the original VA's to voice on the tables. That would be awesome!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Ahhh I see...my mistake then! I haven't seen that movie yet. I think it's about time I go on Netflix and check it out. I'll have to ask Zen if they got the original VA's to voice on the tables. That would be awesome!

The Seperatists kidnap Jabba's son , and we meet Ahsoka Tano , Anakin's padawan for the first time. Just a warning , the newer seasons are far more refined than the very early "wooden puppet" designs of the first season ,it's still fun , but feels stiff by comparison to this .

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts