Pinfest 2013 Allentown

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The Spring Pinfest dates have been announced for 2013. It will be at the same Allentown location as last year and will be May 3rd and 4th.

http://www.pinfestival.com/

I plan on going at least one of the days. I know it's a little to start talking about it, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Was there last year. Best show in the area. Bigger with more pins than the York show. Gonna try and make it this year. Lots of people though. Try and go early.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just about a week before Allentown Pinfest. A work buddy and I are taking Friday afternoon off to go. Never been to a pin/arcade show before. I'm pretty excited about it.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I'll be there both days. Going solo on Friday and with my father on Saturday. I'll be showing some Stern love on Friday. Be wearing a Stern hat and t-shirt with the early 2000's (DMD like) logo design.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'll be there both days. Going solo on Friday and with my father on Saturday. I'll be showing some Stern love on Friday. Be wearing a Stern hat and t-shirt with the early 2000's (DMD like) logo design.

I'll be there Friday. I'll be wearing a yellow Ranger bass boat baseball hat. I'll keep an eye open for ya.

Last edited:

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Outside chance I'll shoot up there tomorrow if my buddy cancels our plans for the weekend. But I probably won't make it.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I'm going to check it out today with a couple of friends. Not too far from where I go watch CHIKARA pro wrestling.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Here are my pics from pinfest.
The first is my nephew Gage. He had a lot more fun than it looks in this pic.
1367710677002.jpg

This is yours truly at a beautiful AC/DC.
1367710827705.jpg

And the third is my wife playing Big Buck Hunter.
1367710977638.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Here are a few more.
My wife playing Silverball Mania.
1367711151578.jpg

Me playing Meteor. Unfortunately my giant body hid most of the pin.
1367711217705.jpg

A cherry Flight 2000
1367711325238.jpg

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Marco's booth with a overhead camera, speaker and sub equip'd Avengers. Oooooo. Metallica. Wish it was there.

screen capture software

Hulk LE Avengers. After playing WOZ, even this was poo poo. Just felt cheap (even though it's not) and cheesy. Not knocking Stern. The table just didn't grab me.

photo share

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Pinball Star Amusement's booth. Three WOZ's for sale. Only $7,300. There was always a line to play. You can see Jersey Jack himself on the left. White and blue shirt. I was very surprised to see him at Pinfest. Major props to him for going around and talking to people without an entourage around him.

free screenshot software

This dude was pretty excited about tilting a WOZ. By the way, the game is georgeous. Video and pics just don't do the LCD backglass justice. Not crazy about the theme but the game played like a Bally/Williams from the 90's. Really looking forward to getting some more time with this when the Pinball Gallery in Downingtown, PA gets one.

photo sharing sites

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Funny you said you didn't dig Avengers. My wife and I really disliked it too. Ball kept hanging up on Hulk and the shots felt awkward.

Did you play the AC/DC? That was fantastic!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Hey Kolchak! That Back in Black LE AC/DC was awesome! I really dig that table and being a fan of the band helps. I gotta wonder how many headphone hookups that guy sells. I talked to him a little while my dad played. We talked about Metallica some. He knew it was coming but didn't know anything about the artwork style or the playfield design. The usual rule with this booth is a one ball game, especially if there's a line of people. There wasn't any while my dad was playing so I kept talking to the guy to give old dad a couple extra balls to play.

Also, Cactus Canyon Continued was fantastic! You NEVER see a CC at shows around here and to see this one a kind was really special. I've probably been to about ten to fifteen pin shows in the last ten years and this was, by far, the best. Really had a great time.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yes, Cactus Canyon was definitely a highlight. I was so excited about it that I didn't even get a pic of it.
There was a nice Fathom there on Friday (but I didn't see it on Saturday). Haven't seen one of those in a long time. I forgot how pretty that pin is.
My nephew played Central Park because he had played it on TPA. I asked him what he thought to it. His response was "it's no Attack From Mars". But he did think it was cool that you had to manually load the balls into the shooter lane.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts