PS3 Twilight Zone discussion

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well now that we finally get to play, let's discuss!!

There are some noticeable bugs I'll point out right away that I and others have experienced.

1. Finish one game, go to start another and a score pops up showing zero points. Once that screen clears, the buttons for a new game appear, but the table is actually running. Push to start, and now you are playing a 2 player game. If you back out before starting, to the table select menu, and then go back in, all is normal again. I've had it happen twice in one day, have no idea how to recreate it as it seems totally random.

2. Camera got stuck on the Gumball Machine. Got the Power Ball, shot for the gumball machine, camera zoomed in, and then stayed there while it kicked out balls for multiball. All the balls drained, turn ended, camera went back to normal for new ball.

Let's get a list going and help FarSight out.

Now, as for my impressions...

Love the look of the table. Right amount of darkness while keeping the pop of color. Was really worried it was going to be visually confusing and it's not. Plunger is perfect, I really feel I'm in control of the strength of it. Those pop bumpers are dangerous and I love it! Lots of nudging to keep from going out the outlanes. Physics on this table are outstanding. I like how the PowerBall actually bounces more than the regular balls.

This table would REALLY benefit from hearing a little more of a ball roll sound. When it comes from the upper right spiral down to the right upper flipper, since you can't really see the ball till the last second, it would be so helpful to hear it instead. Same applies to the upper left flipper.

My favorite surprise with this table has been all the audio clips from other Lawlor tables. I knew they were there, just not that much! When in 'Fast Lock' mode, all sorts of call outs to other games play. I happened to hit the lock while Earthshaker call outs were being played, and then the music changed to Earthshaker music the remaining time I was in multiball! Made me want to play that. Kept expecting RBION audio until I remembered it came AFTER TZ.

Anyway, after one evening with the table, I'm quite happy. Really can't wait for ST:TNG now.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
My favorite surprise with this table has been all the audio clips from other Lawlor tables. I knew they were there, just not that much! When in 'Fast Lock' mode, all sorts of call outs to other games play. I happened to hit the lock while Earthshaker call outs were being played, and then the music changed to Earthshaker music the remaining time I was in multiball! Made me want to play that. Kept expecting RBION audio until I remembered it came AFTER TZ.

Lawlor seems to be a big fan of referencing other tables (especially his own), at least all the way up to and including RBION, haven't played any of his tables after that one.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
the first thing that struck me from my very, very brief playtime last night was that Farsight appear to have REALLY nailed the physics on the table. The ball seemed to move so naturally, I didn't find one single "huh ?" moment with the ball movement.

Bravo, Farsight.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
1. Finish one game, go to start another and a score pops up showing zero points. Once that screen clears, the buttons for a new game appear, but the table is actually running. Push to start, and now you are playing a 2 player game. If you back out before starting, to the table select menu, and then go back in, all is normal again. I've had it happen twice in one day, have no idea how to recreate it as it seems totally random.
To me it happened very regularly in my first 2 hour session with the table. In fact, every third or fourth game "starts" like this.

On another note... I wish they'd finally look into the "powerless extra-flippers" thing. As with every other table before, in three out of four times the ball just goes through it, except when it's very slow. It's almost impossible to do the camera shot because of that.

Anyway, from the little that I've played it seems to be a very good table. It's a bit confusing at first, but once you get the basics of it you start from there and see how deep the table actually is. This could very well become one of my favourites in this collection! I just wish that things like mentioned above would finally stop.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
This is a table I really wish you could turn off the 2 stage flippers off. I haven't had any real problem with them on any other table, but with the piano shot, they're really noticeable.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This is a table I really wish you could turn off the 2 stage flippers off. I haven't had any real problem with them on any other table, but with the piano shot, they're really noticeable.

I must have a really heavy finger, 'cause I don't really have an issue with not having upper flippers flip. I've actually used the 2 stage effect a lot on RBION, but I do agree that it should be a users choice thing.

ley

Jan 27, 2013
Great game, I also had the Camera get stuck on the Gumball Machine as it zoomed in
I use to own a TZ pinball and have to admit the lads have done a great job, and the flipper lag is not too bad at all, roll on STNG

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
CHROME! why are the chrome rails by the apron so good and the rest so bad? My REAL 2 stage flippers have a longer stroke than my controller yet react quicker than this S**T! Im glad the wait is over but this table could have been benefited by more time instead of rushing it out before the end of the year to appease KS backers.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
Is it just me or is the ball really hard to hit with the upper right flipper when the ball is coming down the right lane? It's hard to see the ball when it's just above the flipper making it almost impossible to time your shot.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
Played it a bit last night and had the:

Finish one game, go to start another and a score pops up showing zero points. Once that screen clears, the buttons for a new game appear, but the table is actually running. Push to start, and now you are playing a 2 player game. If you back out before starting, to the table select menu, and then go back in, all is normal again.

bug happen at least five times. It also seemed to be kicking me out of the PSN but I'll try it again tonight to see if it is a bug or just a weird thing going on.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
Played it a bit last night and had the:

Finish one game, go to start another and a score pops up showing zero points. Once that screen clears, the buttons for a new game appear, but the table is actually running. Push to start, and now you are playing a 2 player game. If you back out before starting, to the table select menu, and then go back in, all is normal again.

Ha ha, yes!! This happened to me as well. I had the zero score popup (even though I wasn't playing) and then straight into a 2 player game. I was like "WTF just happened?". This has happened 3 times already. If this isn't an indication of Farsights lack of care and quality control for the ps3 i'd like to know what is? This is just pathetic. It's obvious they didn't test it at all or just didn't give a ****!! .... unbelievable!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Is it just me or is the ball really hard to hit with the upper right flipper when the ball is coming down the right lane? It's hard to see the ball when it's just above the flipper making it almost impossible to time your shot.

Yep, it's a bear to time your hit on that flipper. Is it a mini flipper? Seems like it. I got used to it on single ball, but during multiball I had no hope of using any kind of technique or timing!

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
This hasn't happened to me yet. Is there anything specific to reproduce it, like entering initials, or is it just random?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ha ha, yes!! This happened to me as well. I had the zero score popup (even though I wasn't playing) and then straight into a 2 player game. I was like "WTF just happened?". This has happened 3 times already. If this isn't an indication of Farsights lack of care and quality control for the ps3 i'd like to know what is? This is just pathetic. It's obvious they didn't test it at all or just didn't give a ****!! .... unbelievable!!

Are you now gonna declare this table 'broken'? (sarcasm)

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
This hasn't happened to me yet. Is there anything specific to reproduce it, like entering initials, or is it just random?

Hmmmmm .... after a game try changing your custom ball, go back and start a game. This is how it happens to me. Is the table broken? ... yes, yes it is.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The bug is 100% reproduceable happening after the end of random games , usually non high scores , hard to pinpoint if it's how fast you hit X to begin that causes it or what it is , but it's very common . Not a gamebreaker , just quirky , always loads your game as PLAYER 2 .

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts