Bug Twilight Zone Bug

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Has anyone else noticed a bug at the end of a single-player game of TZ, where the game switches to multi-player mode when you try to start a new single-player game?

I ran upon this after playing less than a half an hour or so. Doesn't FS test these games on each platform? It sure would be refreshing to encounter a new PA table with NO bugs!!!

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Ran into this as well you have to go back to the main screen or the whole game freezes up and you have to restart your PS3.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
That bugs and feedback thread up there...

That thread is for the recent patch not TZ.

This table seems to be riddled with bugs. I have experienced all of the above.

**Another bug found** After changing ball skins and pressing the back button the game says I just finished a round with a zero score (I wasn't even playing) ... and then when I start the game it has me in 2 player mode ..... WTF??? QUALITY CONTROL ANYONE??

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I have had the Gumball machine lock the camera (zoomed in on the gumball machine) and not returning to normal, when starting Gumball multiball (I think it was).

Also, I started Lost in the Zone and had one ball caught under the top right flipper when the countdown ended. The game was trying to kick in a new ball into the plunger, with "Player one is up" on the display. Unable to use the flippers to release the ball and the attendant can't find the stuck ball. Tilting didn't work either (the game would not tilt), so there I was with 1,1 billion on first ball and had to quit the game...

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
We usually keep table bugs and game version bugs separate.
This instant 0 - two player bug is also in Android. It seems to take the place of the bug where the game doesn't respond and the camera continues to pan around like it does on the title screen.

topes521

Oct 16, 2012
My TZ bugs aren't *game enders* but they're annoying.

1. Multiplayer game ends. 1st player enters score fine. 2nd player can't enter name (no "X" button). Either quit (if no goals accomplished) or wait a minute or 2 & it'll take whatever letter ur resting on as the name for score.

2. Table score - Finish game & a high score MIGHT display right under friends. More often than not I'll have 3-6 different scores listed. A game I just finished with my all time high score should display that score in "friends" weekly, monthly, & all time, as well as under "my score", same 3 sub headings. However "my score" seems to choose a random score to display (might not even my table high sometimes!) and even different for weekly/monthly (again, we're assuming I JUST scored my all time high, so that high should be weekly, monthly, & all time AT LEAST RIGHT THEN & THERE. But it isn't.

3. I've had pinball fall through flippers on the TZ table. I thought this issue was fixed for all tables?

4. Occasional scoring issues if the score is displaying for one mode (say hitchhiker where you get 2 million per) but I score a jackpot. The jackpot is ignored & ball is just kicked back from the slot machine. It's as if the scoring logic can't keep up with the pace of gameplay.

Again nothing is a flat out gamebreaker, but I am having trouble activating Lost In The Zone as sometimes a certain shot won't register if the machine's still scoring the previous mode. I've tried to cradle my ball & wait till "the coast is clear" to do what I need to do but that take me out of my flow & I (more often than not) tank the next shot.

I'd say it's at about a 75% score on the table as is now. I know there's a lot going on & it's impressive that Far site has taken the original & given us this. Now just clean it up (& the other tables please!) & we'll have an AWESOME product, not just an ok one.

Greg

Oh yeah...also when plunging the ball if you get close to a skill shot but the ball rolls back...then you do the shot. The camera briefly stays on shot cam before switching over to table cam. It ends up right eventually but I can see some people losing where their ball is/going to if they're not familiar with the table.

And I know this is BUGS not ART but I don't want to make another thread. The RED/ORANGE/YELLOW Zones for skill shot look like RED/RED/YELLOW to me, although it does give you the correct skill shot type. Just doesn't look right. OK, I'm done whining...for now!!! lol

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Now just clean it up (& the other tables please!) & we'll have an AWESOME product, not just an ok one.

That's just it though. These tables should have all been cleaned up and awesome long before they even consider selling them to us. Especially this particular table which many of us paid far, far more than normal for. Of all the tables so far this one should have had the most care put into it, but apparently they did just as half-assed a job on it as the others.

topes521

Oct 16, 2012
That's just it though. These tables should have all been cleaned up and awesome long before they even consider selling them to us. Especially this particular table which many of us paid far, far more than normal for. Of all the tables so far this one should have had the most care put into it, but apparently they did just as half-assed a job on it as the others.

Believe me when I say I've been ripping Farsight left and right on this. But think about what you're saying. We paid to HELP GET THE GAME MADE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Farsight rewarded us with a copy of the game. Is it
crappy I had to wait an extra day to play it while others who didn't back it got to yesterday? Yes. But it's here now, with far fewer bugs (& no game breakers at all that I can see) than have appeared in previously released tables. They were the first company to give game codes on a major system from Kickstarter funding. A few hitches here and there but THEY PULLED IT OFF. They gave me $10 worth of value (I'd rather have had TZ & ST:TNG regular tables at $5 each but initially I gave $10 and was under the impression I'd get one table). Is it perfect? No. Can you play TZ on your PS3/Vita now? Hell yes I can! My problems with the table are minor considering the issues I've had with other tables (CV or MM anyone???). But overall I'm not (well, no longer) complaining.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
My TZ bugs aren't *game enders* but they're annoying.

1. Multiplayer game ends. 1st player enters score fine. 2nd player can't enter name (no "X" button). Either quit (if no goals accomplished) or wait a minute or 2 & it'll take whatever letter ur resting on as the name for score.

2. Table score - Finish game & a high score MIGHT display right under friends. More often than not I'll have 3-6 different scores listed. A game I just finished with my all time high score should display that score in "friends" weekly, monthly, & all time, as well as under "my score", same 3 sub headings. However "my score" seems to choose a random score to display (might not even my table high sometimes!) and even different for weekly/monthly (again, we're assuming I JUST scored my all time high, so that high should be weekly, monthly, & all time AT LEAST RIGHT THEN & THERE. But it isn't.

3. I've had pinball fall through flippers on the TZ table. I thought this issue was fixed for all tables?

These three aren't specific to Twilight Zone, I don't think. For the leaderboard thing, the leaderboards don't update right away, so if you don't see your latest high score there, check back a little later. Aside from that I'm not sure about the "random score" and other stuff you mention, but at any rate I don't think the leaderboard for TZ works any different than for the other tables.

The pinball-through-the-flippers fix was made on FarSight's end some weeks ago, but these updates we're getting now are months old, so they don't have it yet.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
I haven't been able to play much yet, but the camera stuck on the gumball machine during powerball mania.

I also started a game which immediately ended in a 0 score and then my playstation froze up.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Two-Player Glitch

Ran into this as well you have to go back to the main screen or the whole game freezes up and you have to restart your PS3.

I think I found a work-around for this bug. You must wait until the "GAME OVER" message disappears from the graphics display box before entering start for a new game...

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
This is the problem. We shouldn't have to find a work-around.

How long has this table been sat on their office desk waiting for release and it seems they haven't even played it themselves after making it. I refer to the freezing camera/game over, restart problem specifically here. I got it the first time on playing the table. Simply not good enough.

Fearmonkey

Dec 2, 2012
Not sure if this is a bug because I never played the table in real life but does this table have a tendency for the Town Square bumpers to kick the ball out directly to either outlane? Because it seems to do that a lot to me to the point where I avoid the bumpers as much as possible.

And most times if the ball lands on the peg separating the inlane from the outlane, no matter how much bumping I do to the table, the ball always falls towards the outlane like it's being pulled there.

Or I could just suck at this table at the moment. :p

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
This is the problem. We shouldn't have to find a work-around.

How long has this table been sat on their office desk waiting for release and it seems they haven't even played it themselves after making it. I refer to the freezing camera/game over, restart problem specifically here. I got it the first time on playing the table. Simply not good enough.

They don't care about the PS3 and never have. There are a tonne of bugs that should have been fixed by now on previous tables and I have my doubts TZ issues will be addressed.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
BUG:

It begins after the last ball of a game , you enter high score (not initials top score ) and suddenly screen goes black briefly , shows you a top score of o points , and a unusually fast reload animation occurs* with Serlings voice announcing you're PLAYER 2 , you immediately start to plunger mode . the game begins as every game you're PLAYER 2 , and will sometimes freeze up the PS3 locking it up.

* fast pan to the plunger screen is about X3 faster

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
They don't care about the PS3 and never have. There are a tonne of bugs that should have been fixed by now on previous tables and I have my doubts TZ issues will be addressed.

This is a ridiculous statement. You think they don't want customers? If you look around at the boards for the other platforms you'll find that there are bugs, often the same bugs, all of them--except maybe for the 360, which hasn't even gotten most of the updates we have. They aren't singling out any particular platform for spiteful ill treatment.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
This is a ridiculous statement. You think they don't want customers? If you look around at the boards for the other platforms you'll find that there are bugs, often the same bugs, all of them--except maybe for the 360, which hasn't even gotten most of the updates we have. They aren't singling out any particular platform for spiteful ill treatment.

Ah thanks for reminding this bug IS NOT PS3 Exclusive It also occurs with the PS Vita , which points to a ROM emulating issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.