PS3 - Bug Twilight Zone Common Issues and Workarounds

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I see that PS3 players are reporting some of the same bugs that are present in the iOS and Android versions of Twilight Zone, and so I thought I'd post some tips and workarounds on the most common issues here for the PS3 players' reference:

Ball gets stuck when loading into gumball machine
Symptom: Ball gets stuck where the wireform bends down into the gumball machine. If you call attendant at this point, various forms of weirdness may ensue later, such as the ball repeatedly getting stuck with each new load of the gumball machine, no ball dispensing from the gumball machine, two balls dispensing from the gumball machine, etc.

Cause: Collision mesh weirdness near the sharp bend sometimes causes the ball to get stuck.

Workaround: Be patient. Give the game about 45 to 60 seconds without calling the attendant. About 80% of the time, the ball will eventually fall into the gumball machine, a new ball will dispense, and normal gameplay will continue. If this doesn't work, try giving a single sharp nudge to the left as the ball search is active. This usually will dislodge the ball after two or three tries.

Table does not reload balls properly after LITZ
Symptom: After Lost in the Zone ends, the table may not fully reload the gumball machine. If it does not, the table remains stuck in an unplayable state between LITZ and normal play. Alternatively, the table may load a ball in the plunger lane and allow it to be plunged, but the flippers and/or camera may not function properly.

Cause: A ball was stuck under the upper right flipper when LITZ ended. The ROM expects there to be 6 balls in the trough at the end of LITZ and, finding only 5, has gotten itself confused.

Workaround: The Power audibly counts down "Five...four...three...two...one..." when LITZ is about to end. When you hear "two", quickly check the upper-right flipper and release any ball that is stuck under it. Keep the right flippers lowered for the last second of LITZ.

arttq

Oct 8, 2012
Thanks for the tips. I was having problem when feeding new ball into the gumball machine when there was older ball stuck. Now I know to wait or nudge it before doing anything else.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I had that happen in LITZ on my first ball, I had 1,1 billion points. Got a bit sad that I had to quit and start over :S
But I was thinking of doing the same thing when i get to LITZ again :D during countdown, don't flip that right flipper :)

Members online

Members online