How many pinball tables can fs ....

Jan 6, 2013
Work on at one time?I know this info maybe on here somewhere but i dont know.I see a lot of future tables named .Do they have to be done one at a time or is there several teams doing different tables?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
They're a small company, so at best it's probably one or two at a time, tops. Plus they work on other tables while they wait for approvals (from licensors) of the tables and other stuff, but I wouldn't expect more than two tables at any one instant in time. And part of the thing is they also have to acquire the real machine and fix it up too...

Jan 6, 2013
They're a small company, so at best it's probably one or two at a time, tops. Plus they work on other tables while they wait for approvals (from licensors) of the tables and other stuff, but I wouldn't expect more than two tables at any one instant in time. And part of the thing is they also have to acquire the real machine and fix it up too...

That is what i thought .The reason why i ask is because i read somewhere that fs said we could have up to a hundred tables at the end of the year.I dont see that happening ...but i hope so.Thanks for the reply

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
That is what i thought .The reason why i ask is because i read somewhere that fs said we could have up to a hundred tables at the end of the year.I dont see that happening ...but i hope so.Thanks for the reply

We'll most likely see 42 tables total on Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Mac, Ouya and PC and roughly 38 tables total on PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360 and Wii U by the end of this year.

Jan 6, 2013
We'll most likely see 42 tables total on Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Mac, Ouya and PC and roughly 38 tables total on PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360 and Wii U by the end of this year.

Thanks PIN WIZ i hope we have 28 more tables for the 360 by the end of the year.When do you think we will be hearing something from fs about anything?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks PIN WIZ i hope we have 28 more tables for the 360 by the end of the year.When do you think we will be hearing something from fs about anything?

I believe the new version of The Pinball Arcade will more than likely launch in April on the Xbox 360, so FarSight may not make any announcements until the date gets closer.

Jan 6, 2013
I believe the new version of The Pinball Arcade will more than likely launch in April on the Xbox 360, so FarSight may not make any announcements until the date gets closer.

That is what i was thinking.So do you think fs will release one table pack a week on the old console packs or reverse order starting from the new or all at once?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

Oh I hope so! Especially for PC. This will be epic :D

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

Seems that FarSight plan on giving us a heads up for the Xbox version this week sometime. So hopefully a late March re-launch is possible, and it will bring the 360 version in line with the next PS3 update.

The question is how FarSight plan on handling the backlog of unreleased table packs for the Xbox?

Given all of the frustrations with the Xbox version, it may not be a good idea to add to that any further, by only releasing the table packs in dribs and drabs.

If it's possible, I think FarSight should try to ensure with their new publisher that the Xbox version is brought up to date as soon as possible. Preferably with all available table packs released at the same time as the re-launch.

After this long waiting, Xbox owners surely deserve a bit of TLC!! :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For Xbox you're gonna see TZ and ST:TNG released first. After that, my guess would be at least a 2 week separation between table packs at the minimum. No way are they gonna dump 'em all at the same time. There's been much talk about keeping the game high in profile on XBLN and how to do that. I don't think it'll be a trickle of tables, 'cause I think everyone recognizes the frustration out there. Dumping them all at the same time though would be the equivalent of a massive sugar rush which would then be followed by a massive sugar crash.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Problem is that with the oncoming of the next generation Xbox, many people are already starting to turn away from the 360. Plus, no doubt there will be many TPA fans who have simply lost interest in the 360 due to lack of updates.

With every month that goes by, FarSight are losing out on revenue from tables they have had ready to go for the Xbox for a long time.

Time is money, and through no fault of their own, FarSight have lost a bunch of both on the Xbox.

Why waste any more?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Problem is that with the oncoming of the next generation Xbox, many people are already starting to turn away from the 360. Plus, no doubt there will be many TPA fans who have simply lost interest in the 360 due to lack of updates.

With every month that goes by, FarSight are losing out on revenue from tables they have had ready to go for the Xbox for a long time.

Time is money, and through no fault of their own, FarSight have lost a bunch of both on the Xbox.

Why waste any more?

It's all about what's best for business. Only hardcore pinball fanatics will purchase 8 table packs, pro versions and ball skins all at once. Releasing content on at least a two week interval will keep the casual players coming back for more and they are the ones who drive sales.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
It's all about what's best for business. Only hardcore pinball fanatics will purchase 8 table packs, pro versions and ball skins all at once. Releasing content on at least a two week interval will keep the casual players coming back for more and they are the ones who drive sales.

Hmm.. Would those same casual players not keep coming back to download a table pack that they had not already done so? Besides, if casual players interest is sparked by the re-launch of TPA, why not hit them while the iron is hot? I know, sounds clinical.

If FarSight manages to hook more casual players at the beginning, why not have the DLC there ready and waiting for them?

Obviously the 'hardcore' Xbox players would also benefit from having the same content available to them, that has been available to players on other formats for some considerable time now.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hmm.. Would those same casual players not keep coming back to download a table pack that they had not already done so? Besides, if casual players interest is sparked by the re-launch of TPA, why not hit them while the iron is hot? I know, sounds clinical.

If FarSight manages to hook more casual players at the beginning, why not have the DLC there ready and waiting for them?

Obviously the 'hardcore' Xbox players would also benefit from having the same content available to them, that has been available to players on other formats for some considerable time now.

It's the psychology of purchasing. You are presented with a table for $5, easy purchase. Two weeks later, another $5. Eventually you have all the tables and you haven't really thought about the money spent. The reverse of that is having all the tables available now and seeing a price tag in your cart for $40 or more. Suddenly the 'casual' game is not an impulse buy, and you get scared off of it. Again, this is talking about the 'casual' fan.

My inlaws are this very type of purchaser. They see a rack of video games and get turned off by the price. They walk up to the checkout, see a bin of games, often the very same games that were in the rack, that are labeled '$14.99 and up!', suddenly they think it's a sale and grab something. I one time added up all the shovel ware titles they had purchased and quickly stopped playing. I asked them why they didn't just use that same amount of money to buy good quality games, and they responded with "ah, but these were cheap". It just never connected with them. I also think about people that buy every download on Rock Band, something that only costs them $6 a week, but means they've spent over 5 grand on in total over the years. Think if it was all presented at once they'd dump 5 grand into it again?

Like I said, it's psychology.

KingNeptune

Feb 8, 2013

If they release for Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT in addition to enhancing the already excellent Xbox release, they'll have my business in spades!
Given current state of the Xbox live brand, I wouldn't be surprised to see FS hooking up with Microsoft Studios for distribution.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
It's the psychology of purchasing. You are presented with a table for $5, easy purchase. Two weeks later, another $5. Eventually you have all the tables and you haven't really thought about the money spent. The reverse of that is having all the tables available now and seeing a price tag in your cart for $40 or more. Suddenly the 'casual' game is not an impulse buy, and you get scared off of it. Again, this is talking about the 'casual' fan.

My inlaws are this very type of purchaser. They see a rack of video games and get turned off by the price. They walk up to the checkout, see a bin of games, often the very same games that were in the rack, that are labeled '$14.99 and up!', suddenly they think it's a sale and grab something. I one time added up all the shovel ware titles they had purchased and quickly stopped playing. I asked them why they didn't just use that same amount of money to buy good quality games, and they responded with "ah, but these were cheap". It just never connected with them. I also think about people that buy every download on Rock Band, something that only costs them $6 a week, but means they've spent over 5 grand on in total over the years. Think if it was all presented at once they'd dump 5 grand into it again?

Like I said, it's psychology.

Shut, all good points. I completely take what you are saying on board and I understand the 'drip-feed' psychology. You are probably right.

It would definitely make perfect sense if all TPA customers were currently on a level playing field.

I think in this case though, there needs to be some more consideration for the Xbox players who feel hard done by, as well as the casual players.

Damn casual gamers! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts