The Hobbit Pinball released artwork

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I really liked the pictures of the WOZ, it seems to be a fine table.

So, I wanted to drop the pictures that were released by the Jersey jack Pinball of the new Hobbit Table. This movie will be a trilogy, so that was a great idea from their part since the theme will stay up-to-date for at least 5 years
71870_488013704594107_1203034991_n.jpg

563572_488013957927415_1896303456_n.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Enough with the movie themes! Yeah it looks and sounds more appealing than WOZ butt C'mon wheres the originality. I get its easier to ride the coat tails of someone elses ideas but it just makes me shake my head feeling we'll never see a funhouse,championship pub, circus voltaire its all TV shows and movies, I guess thats advertisement and a way to attract fans of whatever it is and a way for players to relate to the game.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Chrome rails! Thank baby jesus for that.

Can't stand the look of Stern's tables, with their painted metal.

And their Home Edition games look like cheap plastic crap.

If you're going to fork over $5000 or whatever, you don't want it looking like it came out of a cereal packet.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Enough with the movie themes! Yeah it looks and sounds more appealing than WOZ butt C'mon wheres the originality. I get its easier to ride the coat tails of someone elses ideas but it just makes me shake my head feeling we'll never see a funhouse,championship pub, circus voltaire its all TV shows and movies, I guess thats advertisement and a way to attract fans of whatever it is and a way for players to relate to the game.
In addition to attracting fans with properties they are already familiar with, these have full color LCD screens, so they need good videos to show on them. Making original properties would mean they would have to film it themselves, and if you ever played any Full Motion Video game back when CDs first came out, you'd know what sorts of horrors would await.
I didn't like certain elements of the film, such as the screenplay, which they should have subtitled Gandalf to the Rescue, because that's pretty much what happened for most of the film. Bilbo and company get in trouble and are about to be killed when suddenly . . . Gandalf appears! He unleashes a powerful spell, and every bad guy is killed or incapacitated enough for Bilbo and the dwarves to get away. However, the visuals were awesome, and there's a lot of things JJ could have fun with, and the cabinet looks nice. Not strikingly original, perhaps, but good nonetheless. Now let's see that playfield.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yes, word is they will be gold or bronze metal bits.
This preview doesn't show much, but it is nice to finally get a glimpse of it at least.
I'm not sure if these little teases and reveals are going to make the wait easier or harder, but either way it's going to be fun.

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012

That's just not going to happen with the current state of the industry. We just gotta accept that.
It's this or nothing.

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah I heard that too- that JJ will down the road. I think it's way too risky for them to do just yet..and I'm ok with that. I want JJ to establish itself and survive long enough to afford that luxury. They are the flagship for possibly a new movement.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012

Make your own pinballs when you have the money. We need as much public exposure as possible. Make them possible

If you dont like them, dont play them.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online