Overlooked Artist

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
Which artist has put his touch on the greatest number of titles in the The Pinball Arcade? It really isn't even close. He was directly involved with five (and very soon six) of the current tables in the collection, and just going by the "announced" and "strongly hinted at" categories, that figure is likely to rise to at least a dozen within little more than a year!

Have you figured out who I'm talking about? Here's a clue:

www.cgmusic.net/archives/taxi1.m3u

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
Nope! But he has some great STORIES about Python (who doesn't?) It's composer and soundman Chris Granner.

Granner is responsible for just about all of the best original music on The Pinball Arcade. He did Taxi, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Funhouse, Twilight Zone, Ripley's Believe It or Not!, and Dr. Dude.

And we can expect to hear a lot more from him as he also did music and sound for Pin·Bot, Whirlwind, TAF, Fish Tales, White Water, and Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

You can hear him talking about his entire career in pinball here:

http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/showget.php?id=47

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Chris Granner?
In which case he's hardly overlooked. :p

edit: Oh, had the thread open from several hours ago, didn't see the post above when I posted this. :p
Like you said, Granner made some of the most iconic original tracks from pinball tables. I guess he's the most (only?) recognized name when it comes to "pinball music". I've seen several videos on YouTube where the narrator would randomly praise Granner, including Bowen Kerris' PAPA tutorial videos.

Last edited:

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
Oh I don't mean he's overlooked in the greater pinball-verse. I just mean around here. He's been mentioned a few times in the forums, but I think the game designers get all the focus around here, while the visual and other artists are a lot more central to the project than they're generally given credit for.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Granner and Youssi pretty much represented audiovisual pinball experience of the late 80's to early 90's :)

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Granner is responsible for just about all of the best original music on The Pinball Arcade. He did Taxi, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Funhouse, Twilight Zone, Ripley's Believe It or Not!, and Dr. Dude.

And we can expect to hear a lot more from him as he also did music and sound for Pin·Bot, Whirlwind, TAF, Fish Tales, White Water, and Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

He also did Earthshaker and F-14, which are two of my favorites.

He worked for Williams/Bally, Capcom, Stern, and is currently at Jersey Jack.

Everyone should know who Granner is. Everyone.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts