LED-Modified CFTBL (1992) and FunHouse (1990) Pics

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Two of CP Pinball's best-looking tables. Both have had their lights partially replaced with LEDs, while leaving incandescent lamps in strategic locations to avoid that "cold" look all-LED tables can get.

Creature from the Black Lagoon (1992, partial LED-modified)
This picture is not really doing it justice. Once the ramp lighting turns on for multiball, this table is a thing of beauty.

2mfksqd.jpg

FunHouse (1990, partial LED-modified)
Again, you're not getting the full effect. The lower playfield is an intense blue from the LEDs. The picture is with the camera in HDR mode, otherwise all you'd see is a blue flash. Meanwhile, Rudy is bathed in incandescent light to give him a warm glow and make him look more human.

28bbght.jpg

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Is it me or are the pics not popping up?
Yeah, something's wrong with them. They show up fine on my PC, but on my iPad they are rotated 90 degrees and on my iPhone they're not showing up at all. Not sure why, I did the exact same thing with these pics as I did for the Avengers and Spectrum shots.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Now I see 'em!

I like that mix of incandescent and LED much better than full LED. These look to have been done very tastefully.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Does the slide ramp have little green lights? FH light show is crazy with incandesents LED must be INSANE! alot of people use the cool whites wich I am not a fan of I much prefer the warm whites that look more like regular incandesents just brighter and now theres retro I guess there not as bright and try to mimic regular incandesents.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Do any of these LEDs have ramping circuitry, to make them fade off naturally like incandescents?

(The decay/ramping time on LEDs is too quick normally; instead of pulsing, the light just flashes on and off instantly, which is irritating to look at after a while. As well as being cold and harsh.)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Some tables have a small amount of electricity going to the GI lights constantly so they can blink faster but if you install non ghosting LED's they never go off completely, just use colord incandesent bulbs.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I mixed them in my headboard because there was too much color, the regular lights help soften the color transitions. Todays sterns just have flourescent tubes no sparkly effect.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
And compare pics to non LED'd table.
or a LED'd kit table, it seems the blues are in the wrong place they look better under the blues and there is cool whites under the STEP lenses and the blues are under the clear ramps and some plastics. Im a LED WIZARD!

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
How about if you put warm color LEDs aroud Rudy?
They're not my machines to modify. These are tables from CP Pinball near St Louis. To be honest I'm not even sure if the owner modified them himself or if they were that way when he bought the tables.

Members online

Members online