PHoF in Vegas Sunday (tomorrow!) Who's in?

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
Thinking about jetting off to Sin City in the morning for an emergency pinball fix at the Pinball Hall of Fame. One day hit it and quit it. Anyone interested?

They've got FIFTEEN of the tables that are currently in The Pinball Arcade collection, and another half dozen or more tables that should make the cut in the next year. I've already managed to play twelve of those fifteen machines in the past month or so, but despite a trip to what has to be the best Stern location in the country (any guesses?) I still haven't gotten a crack at RBIoN.

I won't miss Flipperspiel Wunderland while I'm out there either. At the Silverball Museum I came just a 1000 points shy of knocking off the under 13 girls champion on Genie. That chick is going down!

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
I went there just a week after Christmas, and it was amazing!! The place gets a bit crowded in the afternoons, but it's open till midnight on weekends, so I highly recommend the 8pm to closing time block. They've got a really great lineup of Sterns as you know, and their RBIoN is in great shape. TPA version is actually really accurate in comparison.
After playing pins there for the weekend, I HIGHLY, highly recommend you try the Cactus Canyon machine (which will be coming to TPA this year). The CC machine at PHOF was from Steve Kordek's personal collection- unboxed/new in 2007, and it plays like a new machine. Other games rare tables that I really enjoyed/recommend even though they may not rank highly on the games lists: Popeye Saves the Earth, Star Trek 25th anniversary edition, and Rock and Bullwinkle. And of course you MUST play AC/DC. I'm not a fan of the band, but this game absolutely rocks. Have Fun there, and report back to us!!!

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Also, if you get a chance, make sure to talk to Tim Arnold - the well known owner/operator, he's super nice and knowledgable. But make sure you don't bug him too much in the evening, he seems to get a bit grumpy later in the day.

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
The worst! After standing down Sunday morning in favor of an early Monday departure, I got everything booked last night and arrived at the airport well before 5:00 for the 6:15 to Houston; I would be in Vegas by early afternoon. The line to get thru security was long but moving well, and I was nearly thru it when I learned that my ID was missing from my wallet! A trip home to fetch it was my first crazy thought, but nothing I could do would get me to LV before about 6:30, so now I'm back at home staring at my friggin' dog and feeling like an idiot!

Will I get another chance to go this MONTH even? Who knows? ARGHH!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts