Whats the best Zen Marvel table?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I usually head over to YouTube. I can usually find a vid of the table I'm interested in. On iOS they don't even show a pic of the table. Would be nice if they would at least let us see them.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I will echo Blade. I have Zen 2 on the Wii U. If I could buy them individually I'd also pick up Ghost Rider and Infinity Gauntlet.

My main problem with a lot of the Zen stuff is that often the table design is uninspired, but has animated playfield elements and loads of voice work which tries to distract when really they would be better to do full-on video pinball stuff like Metroid Prime Pinball or Devils Crush. I think that's why I like their Plants vs Zombies so well - there's a lot of playfield video pinball stuff and not just animated things on the sidelines and a bunch of ramps.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Yeah, I'm sick over the voice over work. You get really tired of hearing the same asinine slogans over and over.

All the recent Stern tables are the same. I sure hope there's some options to turn off the voice samples in XMen, Avengers, etc.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
I want to purchase one but dont want to do it randomly, and theres no free sample like in TPA

Here's a dumb question: what platform do you intend to purchase your tables for? Zen haven't released all Marvel Pinball tables on every device, so here are my device-by-device recommendations:

-Consoles: Moon Knight–I can't say enough good things about this table! The layout isn't nearly as cluttered as some other Zen releases, the voice work has enough variety to not wear out its welcome, all the modes are fun and the wizard mode is a good challenge to get to without being impossible to reach. The only thing I can say against this one is that the wizard mode itself is ridiculously hard, but I guess that somewhat comes with the territory. Be warned, though, that you can't get this table on its own on the consoles–you'll have to purchase the whole Vengeance & Virtue pack to get it, but since I think that that pack is Zen's strongest, I wholeheartedly recommend that you do.

-iOS: World War Hulk: It was close between this one and Blade, but I find WWH to be much more accessible. The fan design may not be everyone's cup of tea, but its multiball modes are a blast, while getting to the Hiveling bumpers is a nice, tight shot. This table has great flow, but it can take a while for anything big to happen (this table LOVES its "make-repeated-shots-for-cool-things-to-happen" sort of rules). Nevertheless, I always enjoy it when I take this one out for a spin.

-Mac: Fear Itself: I almost selected this one for the consoles, but Moon Knight's better integration of its modes won the day. Still, we have a real winner with this table–the three multiballs all feel extremely different from one another, the main modes bring plenty of interesting ideas to their designs (Mokk, in particular, really mixes up the bog-standard "shoot-all-lit-shots" mode in a simultaneously refreshing and infuriating manner) and the side modes are both enjoyable and potentially lucrative (protip: get good with that Neutral Ball–it can easily bring you 10M every time it comes out to play if your right orbit shooting is true). A few shots can get frustrating at times, but this is still an immensely enjoyable tables with plenty to do, a well-integrated theme and a good balance of control vs. flow play styles.

I don't have the Android or Windows 8 versions, so I can't speak to what I'd most recommend for those platforms, but those three tables should be a good start on any platform you can find them on.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I want to purchase one but dont want to do it randomly, and theres no free sample like in TPA

If you have Zen pinball 2 or PBFX2 you should be able to demo all the tables available.

AS far as the BEST Marvel Table? That's certainly a matter of opinion. Personally Fear Itself is my favorite. It has some cool missions which can be challenging. The use of magnets is unique and there are several multiball modes that are coo and unique as well. X-men is great too I think but again personal opinion.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I also liked Fear Itself when I demoed it, but not a big fan of Avengers or World War Hulk, so not buying the pack for two tables when they'd be cheaper of sold individually on the Wii U.

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
I really enjoyed The Avengers 4-Pack of tables. World War Hulk is by far the best of any of the tables Zen has put out IMO. Moon Knight is very good too, I was surprised at how much I liked it, since it's a very unknown Marvel Character that I'm not familiar with.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I love infinity gauntlet and world war hulk, but they are 2 tables of the 4 in the avengers pack so you can't get them as standalones on console. Wolverine is great too

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Captain America an dFantastic Four are both among the best and standalone, so I'd get those first. I have no experience with the Civil War table but the fact it doesnt get much mention here doesnt bode well.

If you like those first 2, I'd move up to the Vengeance and Virtue tables. IMO there isnt a weak table in that pack. In the other 2 packs there are some great tables, but also some weaker ones (Spiderman and the Avengers table itself) so get those on a deal imo. World war hulk has a divided audience, but personally I really like it. The table layout itself isnt the strongest but the modes are pretty great imo.

night

May 18, 2012
I d/l Zen on my iPad yesterday. It's not for me, but that's ok. But the menu! I love the menu, such a contradiction with TPA.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Captain America an dFantastic Four are both among the best and standalone, so I'd get those first. I have no experience with the Civil War table but the fact it doesnt get much mention here doesnt bode well.

I like Civil War but not as much as some of the other tables from Marvel. Fear Itself, X-men, Thor, Blade, Infinity Gauntlet, Iron Man, Fantastic Four. The downside to CW is that there is a shot that you can spam consistently that in no way has anything to do with some of the Main objectives. I do like the idea of choosing sides from the beginning. The Challenge of this table IMO is when you get all the allies and finish the Wizard you play the others side and are down 8 allies and have to get them to join your side.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Are all of the tables going to be released on iOS? I'd love to play Moon Knight and Fear Itself (Captain America is my fave on iPad)

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Cap is great! Bought it a couple days ago and had a nearly 600.000.000 points game. Defeated the Red Skull twice in one game. Try to beat me! :cool:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I really like Blade and Moon Knight, but I haven't played Zen in quite some time. I don't even own those two on my tablet.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I like Iron Man and Wolverine. Iron Man has lots of combo style shooting, Wolverine is the closest to a real table design I think Zen has. Moon Knight is fun, but took a long time to grow on me. Blade is deep and interesting, but it's a stop and go table as far as ball flow, imo. Not a fan of Thor or X-Men. Haven't played any of the newest tables to comment on them.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.