Request [Poll] [Mobile] What table would you like to see given the Attack From Mars treatment

What already released table would you like to have the "AFM Effect" applied to?

• Big Shot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Hole

• Elvira and the Party Monsters

• Fun House

• Gorgar

• Harley Davidson 3rd Edition

• Taxi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
For mobile gamers, arguably the pinnacle of graphical table execution would have to be the recently-released Attack From Mars. Consider the following features:

• This table featured animated martians (previously thought impossible on mobile platforms),
  • beautiful alpha-blended flasher effects that looked *so* great against the black cabinet,
  • darkening of the back playfield area which added to the contrast of the flashers and effects.

So this begs the question: What currently-released tables would you like to see redone with this care and attention?

I'm including all tables (both EM and SS), that do not feature Alpha-blended lighting effects (this excludes TZ and ST:TNG). Why EM tables? While some don't have flasher effects, I'm sure there are some folk who would like to see them be given some extra lighting or playfield love.

Hopefully this poll will give Jason and Farsight Management some focus when revisiting tables to retouch and re-tune.

Considering the effort Farsight needs to go to to resubmit a retouched table, they may as well spend their time on retouching one the fans are clamoring for, right?

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire, bitte. This is so much fun to play on the PS3, and I would love to get that experience on my Nexus 7 or iPad.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I could open up the voting to multiple options, but then the true results might get diluted. The poll doesn't allow for 1st, 2nd, 3rd priority order so the results can come across a bit skewed.

If Farsight could re-do Black Knight with all the custom lighting effects and put a bit of alpha blended love on the flashers, it would look pretty awesome.

The shame is that having the single numeric display doesn't show off how cool the strobing ---3--- effect is when in multiball. You wouldn't want all the displays cluttering up the play area though. A view of this happening live on the backbox would be quite epic!

Having said that Black Knight is not my favourite, and I voted for Cirqus Voltaire, purely because that neon tube is gagging for some alpha-blended effects.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I voted for CV but only if they also take the time time fix the long outstanding bugs with ball lock and camera.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Y'all convinced me to vote for CV. Thanks for the poll Jared. I played a game of AFM just to check on the lightning effects you were talking about and by some miracle I finally conquered the Super Jets. I never thought I would achieve that goal.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Changes

For mobile gamers, arguably the pinnacle of graphical table execution would have to be the recently-released Attack From Mars. Consider the following features:

• This table featured animated martians (previously thought impossible on mobile platforms),
  • beautiful alpha-blended flasher effects that looked *so* great against the black cabinet,
  • darkening of the back playfield area which added to the contrast of the flashers and effects.

So this begs the question: What currently-released tables would you like to see redone with this care and attention?

I'm including all tables (both EM and SS), that do not feature Alpha-blended lighting effects (this excludes TZ and ST:TNG). Why EM tables? While some don't have flasher effects, I'm sure there are some folk who would like to see them be given some extra lighting or playfield love.

Hopefully this poll will give Jason and Farsight Management some focus when revisiting tables to retouch and re-tune.

Considering the effort Farsight needs to go to to resubmit a retouched table, they may as well spend their time on retouching one the fans are clamoring for, right?
-----------
any EM machine.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I could open up the voting to multiple options, but then the true results might get diluted. The poll doesn't allow for 1st, 2nd, 3rd priority order so the results can come across a bit skewed.

If Farsight could re-do Black Knight with all the custom lighting effects and put a bit of alpha blended love on the flashers, it would look pretty awesome.

The shame is that having the single numeric display doesn't show off how cool the strobing ---3--- effect is when in multiball. You wouldn't want all the displays cluttering up the play area though. A view of this happening live on the backbox would be quite epic!

Having said that Black Knight is not my favourite, and I voted for Cirqus Voltaire, purely because that neon tube is gagging for some alpha-blended effects.

Can you not see all four players' scores from Space Shuttle onward? Most likely, they'll do that for Black Knight (as well as Firepower and other scripted SS games).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Can you not see all four players' scores from Space Shuttle onward? Most likely, they'll do that for Black Knight (as well as Firepower and other scripted SS games).
Well, ROM emulation had been promised but not delivered for a year now.

So while it's possible, I'm not holding my breath.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts