Flash Gordon

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Anyone have any experience with this game?
It's a bit older than I would normally be interested in, but it seems like it might be a cool table.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I've played it only a few times at pinball shows. I like most Ballys from this era and would love to see Flash Gordon in The Pinball Arcade. It's similar in design to Black Knight. I like it more than BK though. FG has deeper rules, cooler sound effects, better artwork and its legendary difficulty would keep me coming back for more. Alas, I don't think we'll ever see it due to being a licensed table and who knows how much the license holders would want. They can't be making much off dvd and blu-ray re-releases of the cheesy movie on which it's based. If you want to try it, there's a good Future Pinball mod by Slamt1lt and an original version is on there too.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I played it at PPE last year and looked at the backglass not knowing there was a strobe light in it and FLASH! AAaaaahhh Im blind I couldn't play for a few minutes afterwards.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Thanks for everyones input,

There is one for sale nearby that I'm considering picking up. Still a bit on the fence about it simply because it's more old-style then I would like.
Plus I don't want a table so tough that my family immediately dislikes playing it. Maybe I'll see if I can go check it out tomorrow.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Ha! Nice. If this table had the actual Queen song on it I'd buy it for sure. Unfortunately the videos make it sound like it only has old-style beeps and buzz's.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Flash Gordon is an excellent game. Interesting rules, playfield layout and a well deserved reputation for being drainy.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Yeah, the Queen soundtrack is the greatest thing about that movie, but it was just a bit too early for that to get into the pinball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.