Greetings from Costa Rica

Hackcell

Dec 26, 2012
Hello!

(first of all, sorry for my english)

IT person here. Horses and music are some of my hobbies.

Now let's talk about our common passion.

I've been an arcade games lover since I was 10, playing ms pacman. First pinball game I played was Funhouse back in the early 90s. Being 12 or 13, pinball did not catch my attention, specially when there was a Street Fighter 2 machine right next to Rudy.

I used to go to the mall around my place, just to play Killer Instinct and Samurai Shodown 2. Back in 1996, they brought 2 pins: T2 and TAF. Playing TAF made me start to love pinball machines. It turned into a passion in 1999, when, I played IJ for the first time.

Given the fact that finding a pinball machine (then and now) here in Costa Rica is almost impossible, I spent some years wondering how to get one of these machines. In the process, I met a few arcade operators. All of them said the same: spare parts for any kind of amusement equipment were hard to find around here.

I saw the oportunity and started a small business importing spare parts. This gave me the chance to met several persons: pinball owners amongst them. Only problem was: nobody wanted to sell a pinball.

In 2006, a massive invasion of taiwanese bingo games gave the killing shot to arcades and pinball. Now everybody wanted to sell arcades and pins to buy bingos. I was able to purchase some nice arcades and FINALLY pins!!!!

Bottom line: Hello everybody from my corner of the world!!!

... and I'm still wondering what happened with the indiana jones machine.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Welcome Hackcell and definitely no need to apologise for your english. Nice pins you have there.

Members online

Members online