I'm Gravely seriously "Digging" this table

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Ok after the letdown of the dayglow colored TwilightZone Pinball on PS3 last week , here we are with the last of the Elvira Mistress of the Dark pinball tables.

Lighting - A+

Model details -A

Sound- A

Physics - A

Everything that was lacking on the last 3 PS3 table packs , EATPM /NGG , HD/TXI , and TZ for Ps3 , the 2 new tables has in spades !

Elvira Scared Stiff has dramatic lighting , great ball physics , wonderful sound , and from what I can tell, it's the nicest table since Monster Bash and Creature From the Black Lagoon . I'm glad I went back on my decision to skip it until after Startrek TNG Pinball is out, this was a great accomplishment FarSight , I dont know about gamebreaking bugs and maybe the table is too easy (then again compared to TZ what isn't ? )
Please take a look at the current state of Harley Davidson , Twilight Zone , and especially poor Black Knight and get those tables looking as good as the others.Looking forward to the March Ps3 update and expect to be wowed.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
How is the difficulty? I'm worried that its going to be too easy like the iOS version is, so I haven't bought it yet.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Luckily it doesn't appear to have the bug that "sucks" the ball up,into the dead head lanes, so that right there will cut down on the easy scoring.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
How is the difficulty? I'm worried that its going to be too easy like the iOS version is, so I haven't bought it yet.
I've never played this table before.
My first game lasted for over a half hour. I completed all of the standard goals and would have completed some of the wizard goals if it worked that way. I scored around 90 million? I'm no pinball wizard so I'm going to say that it is on the easy side. I don't complain about easy tables. I just play them when I know I have enough time. I did like the table a lot. Big Shot also.

Wehrwolf

Oct 25, 2012

The scared stiff meter-building shots are every bit as easy as on iOS. The only shot that might be a little tougher is the spider hole (not that its hard, but it seems to need to be more precise).

I still like the game and don't regret rebuying it (of course, I'm not in the same league as most players on the forum, so I haven't completed the 'light all spider shots' wizard mode), but just answering the difficulty-compared-to-iOS question since I've played both.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Luckily it doesn't appear to have the bug that "sucks" the ball up,into the dead head lanes, so that right there will cut down on the easy scoring.

This bug kind of kills it for me. I rarely play it. When it gets fixed, I'll go back to playing it.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
This bug kind of kills it for me. I rarely play it. When it gets fixed, I'll go back to playing it.

+1 That bug does not exist on Android, or PS3 versions. The kick out is much more random. Although I did see the ball look to be on rails one time when it got up near that area of the deadhead lanes, when it suddenly accelerated and curved towards them. But that could be because i was so accustomed to the iOS bug.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Sorry to say and report the Vita team again embarassed themselves with what I see as the laziest release yet.

Lighting- D- (no ambience and no shadows)

model details - D (absence of high res textures and most are out of focus to boot ) was this another compression error like the TOTAN and TOM mess last year?

sound - A the one saving grace on the Vita and the only constant quality factor
pictures from Vita screenshots will follow soon.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I've never played this table before.
My first game lasted for over a half hour. I completed all of the standard goals and would have completed some of the wizard goals if it worked that way. I scored around 90 million? I'm no pinball wizard so I'm going to say that it is on the easy side. I don't complain about easy tables. I just play them when I know I have enough time. I did like the table a lot. Big Shot also.

Same here, scored 120 million on my first game while completing the Scared Stiff meter twice. I love this table, great graphics and sounds and a fairly simple rule set. My favourite table at the moment! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.