The Wizzard of Oz

Jan 6, 2013
I just saw the Wizzard of Oz table....i have to have it what do i have to do to get this kickstarted or should i say WE!Look at the table on youtube .What are the chances this could happen?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Well its JJs first pin, Farsight doesn't have any dealings with JJ in addition to this, with the new Oz film coming out, licencing fees will be astronomical.

Jan 6, 2013
Well its JJs first pin, Farsight doesn't have any dealings with JJ in addition to this, with the new Oz film coming out, licencing fees will be astronomical.

I know it is JJs first but i thought the table was under the rule of Stern.It would be a nice one to have i will still keep my fingers crossed .What about the nightmare on elm street table..do you think we could get that one?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Jersey Jack Pinball is a direct competitor to Stern.

If you had played a WoZ you would realise in an instant that Stern had absolutely no part in the production of the machine - the quality of it is fantastic. Almost has a Williams feel about it.

Jan 6, 2013
Jersey Jack Pinball is a direct competitor to Stern.

If you had played a WoZ you would realise in an instant that Stern had absolutely no part in the production of the machine - the quality of it is fantastic. Almost has a Williams feel about it.

Well i have never played WoZ ..just saw it on youtube so i did not know to much about it and it just looks amazing .I wish i could buy it i even thought about buying it...and then the thought of my Girlfriends mouth and how long i would have to here about it i quickly changed my mine .I did not know they were still making new machines ,and i have not played any games for about 10 years i am just now geting back into them so i really dont know to much about zip.But i just moved to Virginia Beach and i am looking for an arcade with pinball Machines I heard there is a couple of places and i am hoping they have some new stuff like woz and so.But for write now i just own the 360 and waiting for this new dlc is taking a toll on me

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
It's a licensed table with lots of music. It also features the likenesses of Judy Garland and the other major cast members of the 1939 film.
However, even with the new Oz film coming out (which is supposed to be based on the original Oz tales, not the film, which is quite different), it is an old license, and is at least possible.
Don't get too excited though - this uses a full color LCD screen, and some modern hardware to run it. Emulation would currently be impossible, even on the consoles. Pinball 2000, which came out around 1998-1999, is still too sophisticated for emulation right now. I imagine this will be far worse.

Jan 6, 2013
It's a licensed table with lots of music. It also features the likenesses of Judy Garland and the other major cast members of the 1939 film.
However, even with the new Oz film coming out (which is supposed to be based on the original Oz tales, not the film, which is quite different), it is an old license, and is at least possible.
Don't get too excited though - this uses a full color LCD screen, and some modern hardware to run it. Emulation would currently be impossible, even on the consoles. Pinball 2000, which came out around 1998-1999, is still too sophisticated for emulation right now. I imagine this will be far worse.
As far as the LCD screen goes they could switch like when you make that multiball shot let that video of the wizzard throwing the balls take up the whole screen and then go back to the table view real quick.There is no doubt that this would be a challenge for the consoles to make but it could be done.I hope it happens i mean how many people will ever even find this table to play.Do you think JJ would want this to happen or would he think it would hurt his sales on his machines even if i had this on the TPA i would still want to go out and play the real deal.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
As far as the LCD screen goes they could switch like when you make that multiball shot let that video of the wizzard throwing the balls take up the whole screen and then go back to the table view real quick.There is no doubt that this would be a challenge for the consoles to make but it could be done.I hope it happens i mean how many people will ever even find this table to play.Do you think JJ would want this to happen or would he think it would hurt his sales on his machines even if i had this on the TPA i would still want to go out and play the real deal.

Only console worth doing like this would be the Wii U since the 'DMD' is on the controller screen.

Might get a chance to try the table come end of February with an Ohio pinball show. :)

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012

Actually the code for WoZ runs off an x86 Atom processor running Ubuntu, so if anything, as the code is native, it should be easier.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
From what has been said on the JJ forums the license for the old Wizard of Oz movie is completely separate and un-related from any license involving the new movie.
Different studios, different entities.

The WoZ table hasn't even shipped yet and it seems its value is already going up. Buy one now if you can!

flywithsean

Apr 20, 2013
I'd love to play it but it is constantly broken. CONSTANTLY!!!!

So I don't know why you are hating on Stern Carl because WoZ is a train wreck.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
WoZ is a train wreck.
sadly it is a bit of a crap game, it seems. maybe new code will make it better.

i feel sorry for the guys in Australia that pre-ordered, the company that took their deposits went bankrupt and it looks like the money is all gone, so not only did they not get their crap game, they also lost their money

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts