Elvira Scared Stiff - Need help getting "Save a ball with The Spell" standard goal

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Elvira Scared Stiff - Need help getting "Save a ball with The Spell" standard goal

I've never actually had trouble with any standard goals on TPA until now. :(
I must have played this for over an hour straight and hit those 3 spell lights over and over again, but the Special left lane light is not lighting.

Does this have to be done in a special mode? IE: not during multi-ball?
Really frustrated here since I want to move onto the wizard goals.

I also have a lot of trouble hitting the bottom of the 3 spell targets.
Even when letting the ball to to the bottom of the right flipper it barely reaches the middle target.
Hopefully there is an easier way other than a lucky bounce!

I just hit all 3 spell targets again and heard Elvira say
"THE SPELL IS CAST", but it's still not lit on the left lane! :(

Last edited:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
After you complete the bank of targets twice she says " the spell is cast" (or something like that). But you won't get the achievement until you lose the ball through the left outlane. The ball will be saved and then you get the achievement. I can't remember if the the outlane is lit, but so long as she says the quote, you should be good.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
After you complete the bank of targets twice she says " the spell is cast" (or something like that). But you won't get the achievement until you lose the ball through the left outlane. The ball will be saved and then you get the achievement. I can't remember if the the outlane is lit, but so long as she says the quote, you should be good.

Lord Boron is correct, I did this just yesterday and yes, the outlane light comes on after hitting the three targets on the left twice ( on iOS anyway! )

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

So if its not lit that's just a glitch?
I didn't want to let it drain until it was lit. I'll give that a try.
Thanks.

EDIT......
Ok, we'll that worked! Thanks guys. :)

Though the Spell light was DEFINITELY NOT LIT... Must be a bug.
Maybe it works on the iOS version.

Anyway,
It's now one of my faves :)

Last edited:

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
On my PS3 I can't remember if I could se a light, but after Elvira announces "Spell is cast" (or whatever) i expertly (bad bounce) placed the ball in left outlane and i got kickback and "Saved by the spell" and the goal completed :)

aagstn

Oct 6, 2012
I got this one no problem on the Vita but I have completed it 3 times on the PS3 version with no goal unlocked. Twice was during multiball so that definitely messes up the goal. Once during regular play. Ball goes down the lit left side, gets saved and no goal. As usual a fantastic table is slightly frustrated by Farsight's usual bugs. I love this table and will keep playing and get it eventually.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
I always make a point in checking to see if it's lit after she says the spell is cast, and it always is... maybe the camera choice you guys use make it tough to see ??

Kong Wen

Apr 26, 2012
Ugh, annoying bug. Playing the PS4 version, hit the targets twice, got the message that the spell was cast, then intentionally nudged a ball down the left outlane, got the spell was used to save the ball message, had the relaunch, etc. but the goal didn't register. It's going to be a pain in the nads to try to get the requirements for this one again and hope it works this time. :(

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Necro Bump....

I have tried this about 60 times now on the Vita/PSTV version and its just not working. :(
During one particular game i lit SPELL 3 times, she said Spell was lit (even though the light never lights up on the left lane) and then it drained and BALL LOST.

This is really aggravating!!
Most Wizard goals are far easier than this. What was Farsight thinking here?

Also,
I've played the real table of Scared Stiff many times in the past and never had thks much trouble hitting the SPELL targets.
That, combined with the fact that EVERY launched ball scores you a SKILL SHOT, leads me to believe this table wasn't play tested enough.
I just wish they would fix this. Other than these faults it really is an excellent table.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I thought the hardest goal in Scared Stiff was the secret passage shot, or whatever it's called. Due to the fact that you need an especially weak shot to trickle down the shot, and the way the table physics are set up makes the chances of that next to nothing. So nothing to do with skill, just get lucky with a multiball collision or something.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I thought the hardest goal in Scared Stiff was the secret passage shot, or whatever it's called. Due to the fact that you need an especially weak shot to trickle down the shot, and the way the table physics are set up makes the chances of that next to nothing. So nothing to do with skill, just get lucky with a multiball collision or something.

Maybe I've gotten lucky with those, because I got them on the first try on both the PS3 and Vita versions.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Maybe I've gotten lucky with those, because I got them on the first try on both the PS3 and Vita versions.

I've played a lot of Scared Stiff, and never once got that shot. It's weird to think I have a table where there's a lane the ball has not once gone down!

If you go on the SS forum, you'll see a topic or two about the heartache trying to get this goal.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
The skill shot thing used to work on PS3, at least after a fashion. It was still pretty easy to hit but full power would almost always miss the skill shot. In whatever patch it was that weakened the plungers the maximum power became not enough to overhit. I whined about it a couple of times in some of the update threads because it is rather a problem on SS and Taxi, but of course it has never been fixed. I haven't even bothered to check it in the last couple of updates, I just figure if they ever bother to fix it it will be a nice surprise.

I'm pretty sure I have those other two goals, though I'm sure it was luck to get them since I don't even know where the secret passage is and I can't hit the bottom spell target intentionally(though I get saved by the spell every now and then).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts