VPinball cabinet CHEAP&QUICK

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'll take my setup any day over putting a monitor in corrugated cardboard. There's just something dangerous about that.

My setup is a 22" lcd (debezzeled now) my laptop monitor as a backglass monitor a rubber rollup keyboard and a 50$ logitec spearker set.

I just got a 17" lcd TV that i'm going to rip apart so i'll finally be able to build a halfway decent pc and set it all up that way.
Not sure about your neck of the woods but plywood just doesn't cost that much.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'd love to have a play with a kind of virtual pinball setup, but the price of entry (>$0) and my ADHD (meaning I'll get bored halfway through making it) means it's pretty unlikely. I need something quick and cheap! Or if I have to choose one over the other... I'd prefer quick!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'd love to have a play with a kind of virtual pinball setup, but the price of entry (>$0) and my ADHD (meaning I'll get bored halfway through making it) means it's pretty unlikely. I need something quick and cheap! Or if I have to choose one over the other... I'd prefer quick!

Try this one Shaneus. Laptop, extra monitor, keyboard, some knowledge of Visual Pinball, optional: external speakers.

I think you can even use an analog gamepad now.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Plastic storage box, 32' Panasonic inside supported by some books, attached numeric keypads on the outside with all keys pulled out except flip, start and nudge. Since then, standard view pinball seems dull. And you don't really need the backglass screen, if you want the simplest, easiest setup.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
As long as you can take your monitor of it's 'foot', and rig it in some way that it's resting semi-flat, at a modest angle on your desktop, in portrait mode...
...fish for some PinMAME cabinet tables, and roms, and you're on a roll. With a bit of improvisation it's something that most PC owners with a nice flat widescreen monitor can have a taste of.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.