(PS3) Liking the table a lot but....

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
As a lot of other people, I'm finding it way too easy. Like Zen Pinball kind of easy. Can I at least turn off extra balls in Pro mode? Does anyone know?

Last edited:

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
What scores are you two getting?

I don't remember my scores, but what bothers me is how easy the table feels. For example, on TOTAN I can rescue the princess regularly, but I still have to focus and play good. On Scared Stiff I can go for half an hour with my first ball while having earned two extra balls already. It's very hard to drain on this table, even when playing poorly, and that gets boring. It's a shame really because the presentation of the table is amazing, I just wish it was more challenging.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
The table sure felt easy to me. I knocked off all the standard goals on the very first ball of my very first game, without having any idea what any of them were. I didn't post a huge score or anything but higher than I expect on my first game for a table.

Have only played the one game.

Tabe

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
In real life, the outlanes on this table are brutal, at least on all the ones I have played. Any shot to the crate is very dangerous because of the random way it bounces back. In TPA, the ball will head toward the outlanes, but almost never actually drain. Also, failed ramp shots are so far from the center it seems there is no chance they can drain, when IRL that would be a serious hazard having a ball come back like that

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Yeah, it's pretty easy in some areas. Usually a game last for more than half an hour for me, and I get the Scared Stiff rank almost every time. ;) It's really not that hard.

Spider Mania or whatever it's called however is an entirely different beast. I smell a wizard goal that about as obtainable as Battle for the Kingdom, Mosh Pit Super Jackpot, CFTBL Super Jackpot... and those obscure things they want you to achieve on Cirqus Voltaire.

But hey, it's a fun table, even though it's a bit shallow. I like it more than the other Elvira one.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Yeah... my very first ball on my very first game... racked up 2 or 3 extra balls, reached scared stiff mode 3 times in the game (but only activating it once), ended up going to sleep WAY too late that night, not realizing my first playthrough would be well over a half hour.

Mattias Lönnqvist

May 20, 2013
I agree, this is one of the simpler tables on the PS3. One reason for this is that it is easy to get your first three extra balls (6 million, 8 times in right ramp, 5 spiders squashed) and if you just keep repeating the right ramp it doesnt take long to get the fourth extra ball (which is lit at 30 times)

But, one of the reasons that 6 million is so easy to get is that the plunger seems to wrongly configured on the PS3. If you set it at max, you always get the skillshot (or it might be in incorrect bump against the crate; either way you always set the skill shot). Now, lock a few balls and you quickly rack up your 6 million just in skillshots. Add to this the fact that failed ramp shots seems easier to catch than on the physical pinball machine (as mentioned earlier)

OTOH, getting to the laboratory seems harder (to me) than on the physical machine, and so is the secret passage. But, in general, my impression is that this table is easier on PS3 (and PS Vita) than the real machine, as well as the iOs version (where the plunger seems correctly configured).

And, as mentioned, the Spider mania award is tough. Still havent been able to collect it. Now, I am not a pinball wizard, so I dont expect it to be easy, but it still feels like it is a long way to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.