"You already own this item" but TPA won't recognize it

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
I made the mistake if downloading the beta and purchasing Table Pack 11 then but now the newest version won't recognize this. Is there any way around this without reinstalling? I'd really rather not lose my highscores and wizard goals.

N

netizen

Usually you can log off and back in, or close the app and re try. I had this happen once and it cleared up one of either way.

BUT

The farsight servers appear to be down right now, so that could be a part of the problem.

Worst case you can delete the tables manually to force them to download again.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Oh, servers down... that could be it. I will have to try again later. No big if I lose my scores and goals, but I'd rather not!

Thanks, man.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Did you purchase it under a different account perhaps? or a different device? We used to have this issue but it has been quite some time since I have heard of it. Can you PM me your gmail account under the purchase I can look into it.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
I just went ahead with the reinstall and everything is good now, but I appreciate it! I guess it will be kind of fun starting with a fresh slate. Hah.

It probably has to do with the fact that I tried to restore app data to pre-beta using some app from Asus... which obviously broke something with the table ownership rights. Now I know better.

N

Nik Barbour

It probably has to do with the fact that I tried to restore app data to pre-beta using some app from Asus... which obviously broke something with the table ownership rights. Now I know better.

Doesn't help you this time, but.
App data is held at this location here....
/DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/

Just copy it away somewhere using a file explorer as a backup.
I tend to back this up before touching a beta.
Then once beta is installed, I look to see which tables are affected in the release, quit out, and back up the affected tables from here...
/MNT/SDCARD/ANDROID/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/...

This way you always have a backout.

Edit - keep a few apk files as a personal library too.
Root uninstaller app is a great tool for creating backup apk files.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.free

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
in a moment of complete madness on friday evening i decided to uninstall the release 1.11.0 when android wouldn't allow me to downgrade & sideload the last alpha relase from Ryan (AndroidPinballActivity_A25-2.apk). All that because i wanted to look at some changes i thought i was seeing to Funhouse table. Right now i cannot login to check the state of my account/install etc.... i can accept if the servers are down, but i'm going to be somewhat p!55ed off if when i can finally login again, i find i've lost my goals/achievements and my hi-scores, my HOF score etc.

I should have thought of doing some kind of backup before removing TPA, but i'm new to android, not familiar with the filesystem layout and i'd never have expected the user data to get purged. this is not a default on linux when an app is removed through a repository manager. hindsight is a wonderful thing; you never forget a crash and burn! I'm screwed i think

now when the heck is the login server going to be available again ?

@Jutter .... many thanks for the tip for Bluestacks.... i'm installing right now and will most likely use in future if i ever want to check on differences between different release versions.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts