Bug Android Version 1.11.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.11.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

N

Nik Barbour

Device/OS: Nexus 7 Stock JB - Rooted

Bug Description: Firepower multi ball and normal play, ball count.

Something is seriously wrong with the way this table keeps track of the number of balls in play, I've posted a few times in the beta thread too.

This particular fault - I activated 3 ball multiball on ball 2, the left ball lock failed to release, when I'd drained the 2 balls in play the bonus started counting down and just got stuck in a loop with the score going up in never ending 1k increments, the extra ball (shoot again) lit without being activated. I called attendant, but it said "no balls stuck - cancelling". I could nudge but not tilt the table. Had to quit, despite having a score of 10mill and forever going up !

Steps To Reproduce: as above

Frequency: once as above - but have experienced many games on this table, where number of balls in play is wrong.

Additional Comments: These are game ending bugs and require addressing ASAP.

ehequ6as.jpg

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Hi Nik, yeah i've had this as well....a bit disappointing really, as it's only going to arise when one has enabled multiball and is probably on for quite a good score. now what would be cheeky is if you could get the score incrementing to something godlike and unreachable on the highscore table and then tilt to end ball ;-) (i'd never do that of course)

i notice you have the full!screen buttons at bottom of screen. you don't get any accidental collisions? i have mine at top of screen, reduced in size, reversed order to yours, and tucked up above camera and pause buttons. works very well 4 me

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Device/OS: Jellybean tablet

Bug Description: Pausing/resuming entire app causes all solidly lit playfield lights to go dark

Steps To Reproduce:
1. Start playing any table
2. Hit the home button to return to the launcher
3. Select Pinball Arcade to resume playing

The playfield may initially have a normal appearance, but after a fraction of a second, all solid playfield lights will go dark. Blinking lights are unaffected, and the lights often resume their normal appearance after you play for a minute or two.

Frequency: Consistently reproducible

N

Nik Barbour

(i'd never do that of course)

i notice you have the full!screen buttons at bottom of screen. you don't get any accidental collisions? i have mine at top of screen, reduced in size, reversed order to yours

Nod, nod - wink, wink ;)

I haven't had a problem with the buttons down low, due to playing with a controller, but I'll definitely give your suggestion a go. I thought they'd get in the way of the camera, pause if at the top.

I've got the pro version of full!screen now to support the dev - thanks again for the tip. Brilliant for landscape play.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
vuqyzy4a.jpg
ra4amepy.jpg
arebepu3.jpg
Old issue:
Has more as one player received the high score, only the first one see the input help, all other can not insert the 3char- pls see the picture.... hmmm if I can found a possibly to upload a pic from tablet ....

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
ydu5ybas.jpg
Table Pin@Bot in Multiplayer mode

A player lost a ball. in the face is 1 ball in the eye or as linked. The table make all ready for the next player. But after kick the ball in the game, the view goes to the bumper, where the ball should be to kick into the game.
The ball is still in the game and must lost. Uncomfortable the screenshot does not record the ball.

Android JB 4.1.2
Acer A 510
Reproducable 80%

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Pin*Not Multi ball
The controller(Flipper) doesn't working anymore, till only the last ball is in the game.
Also seen in older version

Acer A510
JB 4.1.2
Reproducable 95℅-100%

Maybe one hint: Its happen, that one flipper is up to stop the ball, the finger are already on the screen-suddenly the flipper goes down and does not react anymore, till the ball is out of game(or more)

Last edited:
N

netizen

Bug Description: Inconsistency in Multi Player initials at the end of a game.

Steps To Reproduce: Play a multi player game where more than 1 player would place on the HSTD. Some tables will only let one player enter initials, other tables will allow for more than one player to enter initials, but TPA does not provide an interface for this.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: I am not completely sure how much of this behaviour is dictated by the ROM and how much is dictated by TPA itself. IIRC earlier tables will only accept the highest score in multi player games as they are essentially viewed as mini tournaments; meaning no matter that the other player(s) may have "placed" on the HSTD there was only one winner. Again this may be determined by ROM settings. But where the table allows for multiple sets of initials to be entered, and TPA doesn't provide an interface to enter those initials this is where we are encountering a UI bug. STTNG is a table that meets the latter conditions every time.

N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10 / 4.2.2

Bug Description: Funhouse - After shooting a lit steps ramp, the ball will change rails, at the end, and wind up in the in-lane instead of the steps plunger/shooter lane.

Steps To Reproduce: Light the steps ramp, shoot it, and when the ball goes to section where it would drop into the steps plunger lane it will appear on the rail for the regular ramp shot and drop in the inlane.

Frequency: 1 out of 3 or 5 shots to the lit steps ramp (20-33%)

Additional Comments: I had noticed this before but never really paid too much attention to waht was making it happen, but during a game where I was working on my magic mirror shots etc, I was doing a lot of Steps shots so I got to see that the Steps rail wasn't always draining where it is supposed to.

Last edited:

KithKanan

Dec 25, 2012
Nexus 7 / 4.2.2

Bug Description: Dr. Dude - The lamps to indicate status on all of the Elements of Coolness and the "Jackpot Ready" lamp are completely missing, as if they've been deleted from the playfield entirely. Oddly, they're present on the (presumably 360) footage used in the table trailer video.

Additional Comments: This is particularly annoying in the case of the "Jackpot Ready" and "Heart of Rock & Roll" lamps, as their deletion leaves holes in the center of the signs that can be seen through, making it obvious something was there. Those are really driving me crazy, and between that and the mix-master bug I don't have a lot of enthusiasm for this table in its current condition.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Nexus 7 / 4.2.2

Bug Description: Dr. Dude - The lamps to indicate status on all of the Elements of Coolness and the "Jackpot Ready" lamp are completely missing, as if they've been deleted from the playfield entirely. Oddly, they're present on the (presumably 360) footage used in the table trailer video.

Additional Comments: This is particularly annoying in the case of the "Jackpot Ready" and "Heart of Rock & Roll" lamps, as their deletion leaves holes in the center of the signs that can be seen through, making it obvious something was there. Those are really driving me crazy, and between that and the mix-master bug I don't have a lot of enthusiasm for this table in its current condition.

The jackpot lit light was missing in the beta as well. I did report the oversight (with screenshots), however I think because of the skeleton staff involved in this DLC, some constraints needed to be implemented graphically.

I would hope/expect this table to receive an asynchronous patch with these issues resolved. Or at the latest, have these issues resolved for us in the next beta.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 7 / 4.2.2

Bug Description: Dr. Dude - Camera gets stuck on the Molecular Mixmaster after making the Gazillion Point Shot.

Steps To Reproduce: Make the Gazillion Point Shot.

Frequency: Unsure, as I've only scored the shot once, so it's 100% so far.

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
- Not being able to connect to the high score server still causes end-game crashes.

- Starting repeated games still a problem (press start and the camera floats around the table instead).

- Battery warnings that pop up mid-game don't pause the game, causing inadvertent drains.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
- Starting repeated games still a problem (press start and the camera floats around the table instead).

- Battery warnings that pop up mid-game don't pause the game, causing inadvertent drains.
I can vouch for two of these. Though regarding the first one, I've seen it only in Cirqus Voltaire. In addition, in Twilight Zone, after quickly pressing continue at the end of a game, and then quickly press the start button to begin a new game, a new game will begin, but there will be a Final Score screen (for a score of 0) over the screen. Tapping continue will bring back the plunger camera, with a ball in the lane, and a 2 player game will start. I'm going to post a formal thread on this later and hope I better describe it there.

N

netizen

I can vouch for two of these. Though regarding the first one, I've seen it only in Cirqus Voltaire. In addition, in Twilight Zone, after quickly pressing continue at the end of a game, and then quickly press the start button to begin a new game, a new game will begin, but there will be a Final Score screen (for a score of 0) over the screen. Tapping continue will bring back the plunger camera, with a ball in the lane, and a 2 player game will start. I'm going to post a formal thread on this later and hope I better describe it there.

No need for a formal thread this has been reported numerous times and is a known bug

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
On both my Android devices (Nexus 7 and Droid RAZR MAXX) there seems to be an intermittent bug when playing successive games of Twilight Zone. Every fourth or fifth time after the game ends and I've clicked the "Start" button, instead of being taken to the plunger view, I'm somehow transported to a screen that indicates I'm about to start a two player game. And it's not a case of me clicking the "Game Setup" key where you then SELECT the number of players, that step is skipped entirely.

It's been doing this all along by the way; not just in this build. And Twilight Zone is the only table on which I've noticed this. Is it a coincidence that TZ is the only table in TPA that has a carry-over feature? (It is, isn't it?)

EDIT - Just seeing now that McGuirk and others were already reporting this...

Last edited:
K

Korven

Device/OS: Nexus 7 stock JB

Bug Description: HD, during Harley Multiball camere got stuck in a semi zoomed out plunger view there only the left flipper was working

Steps To Reproduce: start Harley Multiball

Frequency: first time I got this

Additional Comments: This table sucks, hah

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
Theatre of Magic is fairly buggy in inputting a high score, pressing the left/right buttons sometimes doesn't work. Almost ran out of time trying to plug my initials in because it wouldn't accept inputs.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm trying out a Galaxy Tab 2 for my daughter and noticed that the Texture Option in TPA is not available on this device. Is this correct or am I missing something? I'm sorry to say, but TPA (plus many other games) doesn't look too hot on the Tab 2 without being able to set textures to high. I'm also noticing that the colors and blacks seem somewhat washed out on this device. So far, I'm not impressed with the Tab 2 and may just pony up the extra $50 and get my daughter the Nexus 7...but then I'm going to want to keep it for myself. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.