Tina Fey voiceovers on Medieval Madness?

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
There have been claims on YouTube that Tina Fey's famous voiceover work on MM has been removed from the game, and replaced.

FS, can you confirm this?

If it's true, can you please explain why?

Cheers.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
IIRC her voicework was pretty insignificant and sounded nothing like her anyway...

That being said, if they are using the actual rom, her voicwork is most likely in it.

The only way to really know for sure would be to grab a copy from vpforums and use the rom for that, compare the voices and see if you think they are different.

I think i have it set up but i only have the XBOX version of TPA and don't really know what lines she speaks. (Who did the voices for Howard Hurtz and the Earl of Ego they were funny...and the Duke of Bourbon)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
IIRC her voicework was pretty insignificant and sounded nothing like her anyway...

That being said, if they are using the actual rom, her voicwork is most likely in it.

The only way to really know for sure would be to grab a copy from vpforums and use the rom for that, compare the voices and see if you think they are different.

I think i have it set up but i only have the XBOX version of TPA and don't really know what lines she speaks. (Who did the voices for Howard Hurtz and the Earl of Ego they were funny...and the Duke of Bourbon)

She had quite a few lines:

"Tina Fey (of "Saturday Night Live" fame) did the voices of the "Opera Singer" princess and the Cockney-talking princess, and Andrea Farrell did the voices of the Jewish princess and the sexy princess. Greg Freres was the voice of the jousting announcer and one of the trolls while Francois Du Grim was voiced by Vince Pontarelli who also did the other troll."

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=4032

I sure hope they're still in.......:/

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
I never played MM before this version so I can't compare it, however I find it hard to believe Farsight would do this. Not to mention the extra work involved to make this happen and it makes no sense. The lines in this machine always crack me up, "They took our pinball machines!" lmao!

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Didn't she also the voice work for TOTAN? As far as I can tell the voice on the TPA version was the same on the actual machine that I played. So I can't see why it shouldn't be in the newest version of Medieval Madness...

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Do not believe everything you read or hear on YouTube. You can rest assured that Tina Fey's voice-over work on Medieval Madness is fully intact.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I take some of that back. Medieval for instance, had some sounds with 2 different versions. One R rated and one bleeped. We overwrote the R rated sounds with the bleeped ones so there wouldn't be any "hot coffee mod" like incident or issues with ERSB and other ratings.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I take some of that back. Medieval for instance, had some sounds with 2 different versions. One R rated and one bleeped. We overwrote the R rated sounds with the bleeped ones so there wouldn't be any "hot coffee mod" like incident or issues with ERSB and other ratings.
I find the idea that in today's media environment a child would be corrupted by a pinball table saying saucy things completely and utterly hysterical.

Still, I guess you have to keep the lawyers appeased...but how's that going to work with something like Scared Stiff or (ignoring licensing difficulties for the moment) South Park or Family Guy? Those tables aren't exactly E10-rated...and they'd lose a lot of their character if the voicework was bleeped/removed.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I know at least on some platforms it's possible for the DLC to have a different rating than the game. I'll leave that up to the lawers and managment to deal with.

Medieval actually contains the F word. While I agree I don't know how it would corrupt anyone, it's not up to me.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
It's a fair decision. These are essentially General rated titles. Mums and dads don't want to be playing pinball with the kids, only to hear swearing.

Hell, I swear like a trooper, but I don't want to hear it in my pinball. (Even the Family Guy is a bit too crude/risque for my liking.)

On the other hand, innuendo (like Tina Fey's princess in MM) is cool.

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
Actually, the bleeping makes it even funnier I think! But totally fair to use the 'family friendly' version cause of the rating. Maybe make the 'R rated' rom available after finishing the wizard goals ;)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'll be honest, i just hate the bleep noise...in canada we censor very little but i'm right near the border and a lot of the radio stations over in Detroit started using a static noise to cover up swearing...i actually like that because if i'm listening to the radio and hear a brief white noise i can actually ignore it.

I know the bleep for Howard Hurtz is there for comedic effect, typically i use the uncensored rom in my vp version, simply because the beep noise itself is jarring to my ears and in my opinion draws even more attention to the fact that someone used a naughty word.

All in all i won't hate on the table or make a big deal about whatever decision you all make, but having the option or even having it controlled by system parental controls if that's possible would be cool. I do like the rom option idea i brought up elsewhere more because i prefer an arcade setup and think it would be cool to be able to switch between a coin-op and a freeplay rom.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I know at least on some platforms it's possible for the DLC to have a different rating than the game. I'll leave that up to the lawers and managment to deal with.

Medieval actually contains the F word. While I agree I don't know how it would corrupt anyone, it's not up to me.
Oh, I'm not saying don't bleep the F-bomb. I just find it crazy that we have to worry what a 15-year-old pinball table might say once every three games when there's other titles literally drenched in sex and violence, not to mention the near-constant swearing on some cable shows. If the kids are turning into murderers and rapists, it's not because of Lord Howard Hurtz!

On the other hand, innuendo (like Tina Fey's princess in MM) is cool.
Actually, I momentarily forgot about the saucy wench in the tower and the jousters charging up the center lane and all that. If those jokes made it in without incident, then tables like Scared Stiff should be fine, even when Elvira's having her "multiple jackpots". (Or does that count as a more-than-"mildly suggestive theme"? :p)

And I agree, a little double entendre is highly preferable to cheap vulgarity.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Is the language in Earthshaker an issue? I think Bride of Pinbot is fully intact and that has definitely has some suggestiveness in it. Also what about tables like Future Spa, Strikes and Spares, and Captain Fantastic that have fairly racy art?

Edit: I just remembered Earthshaker has family roms. From what I remember, there was only one farly minor curse word in the regular version?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts