Poll: For Everyone : RATE Worst TPA tables on PS Vita pt.4

Of these tables vote the worst graphics

• Total voters

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
another 4 tables , some of the worst in my opinion so far.

HDzuD3d.jpg

No GOOD GOFERS

4cPYjhQ.jpg

Ripley's Believe It or Not

uRFcSw2.jpg

Elvira Scared Stiff

t3jWHrZ.jpg

Theatre of Magic

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Two of the biggest failures for the The Pinball Arcade are in poll 4.

But hands down , and I was not looking forward to the table at all , but compared to PS3 , the Scared Stiff PSVita table is my vote for THE WORST of all the tables in every poll , and just looking at it, you see mistakes , blurry textures, and bad modeling. The other close second in bad quality is No Good Gofers which is fun to play on Vita or Ps3 , but when you take a screenshot and inspect it closely you see how poorly they did . Just remember FarSight these pictures are rendered from the PSVita screenshot feature , they are taken live .

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
TOM was perfect before the artwork screw up nearly a year ago now. It never did get fixed back to how good it looked at launch, but at least it works.

RBION is one of only a few tables in the collection that aren't broken (unless Atlantis is broken, I've never managed to get to it). It is also about the best looking one because it never got screwed up during the graphics glitch. Still looks like it did at launch.

No Good Gophers is trash. It looks like **** and has several issues.

Scared Stiff looks horrendous, but since I haven't bought it I can't say.

Sooo. I'm going with Gophers. Possibly my favorite machine of all time given the absolutely skill-less and pathetic Farsight treatment. Way to go guys!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
What we are seeing with the screenshots is a gradual decline in quality , as the more recent the table release, the worse and uglier the tables get.
Im not here to trash the developers, just shining a light on this situation , WE CARE ABOUT VITA VERSIONS , Why are you selling us bad quality ?
Will You please do some updates and improve what you did . ?

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Just have to vote NGG because, although maybe I am a little more forgiving than others in some ways about texture quality, those BLUE ramps and the hindered visibility is much more of a real problem than simply wishing a certain asset looked a little sharper.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Im not here to trash the developers.

Yeah, sorry about that. It's just that after nearly a year of being pissed off about this the horrible job they did with TZ tipped me over the brink. My already bountiful hateful rage has now blown into full-fledged RAGING HATE! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRrrr.... err... sorry again.
Seriously though, I really do hate them now. I'll try to reign it in though. Like I have mentioned before though, if they fixed these problems all would be forgiven.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Easily Scared Stiff. The table looks and runs like complete garbage. RBION on the other hand is a fantastic looking table that should be used as the baseline for quality before a table is released. I don't even care if the tables have a longer development time because buying the pack and getting a table in an incredibly sorry state (like Scared Stiff) is really irritating. I love playing pinball, especially the recreations of real tables, which is the only reason I am buying these packs. I have even tried to help the best I can to track and categorize the bugs, but that became such an enormous task that I have all but given up on it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So with these polls, this is the first I'm seeing Vita graphics and I'm am absolutely shocked.

These are as bad as some of the lesser authors in VP used to put out, circa 2005. No wonder it's being given away free with PS3 purchase.

Now, in comparison, what do the Zen tables look like? Is Zen even on the Vita? No matter. I don't think the PSP PHOF tables even looked that bad in general. Just across the board terrible. Now I know why you guys are pissed.

What to do about it? Well, I think for a lot of us, this is the first time seeing what these look like on this platform. That's a good place to start. Next, I'd seek out screen shots of the PHOF on PSP and do side by sides with that. Finally I'd do side by sides with the PS3. Stir up some outrage among non Vita users. FS is obviously aware of what is being put out, so they just need to hear about it from the masses. I really wish I knew how close in specs to the PS3 performance wise the Vita is. You've got that OLED screen, so resolution isn't the problem. How does cross play look on other titles? Again, maybe a little side by side screen action of the two versions? I honestly can't believe that the Vita isn't capable of mobile quality graphics.

Seriously. My jaw is on the floor.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
So with these polls, this is the first I'm seeing Vita graphics and I'm am absolutely shocked.

These are as bad as some of the lesser authors in VP used to put out, circa 2005. No wonder it's being given away free with PS3 purchase.

Now, in comparison, what do the Zen tables look like? Is Zen even on the Vita? No matter. I don't think the PSP PHOF tables even looked that bad in general. Just across the board terrible. Now I know why you guys are pissed.

What to do about it? Well, I think for a lot of us, this is the first time seeing what these look like on this platform. That's a good place to start. Next, I'd seek out screen shots of the PHOF on PSP and do side by sides with that. Finally I'd do side by sides with the PS3. Stir up some outrage among non Vita users. FS is obviously aware of what is being put out, so they just need to hear about it from the masses. I really wish I knew how close in specs to the PS3 performance wise the Vita is. You've got that OLED screen, so resolution isn't the problem. How does cross play look on other titles? Again, maybe a little side by side screen action of the two versions? I honestly can't believe that the Vita isn't capable of mobile quality graphics.

Seriously. My jaw is on the floor.

I have to say I never really knew that the Vita version looked this bad. As an ipad2 user I expected the same or better quality to ios, but these screenshots look truly awful.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012

Zen looks nearly identical to the PS3 version. Native resolution, buttery smooth etc... The difference between Zen and TPA on the Vita is huge.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
5sD7bkD.jpg

MOrtal Kombat Vita real time cutscene using Vita GPU not a pre rendered cutscene .

1zReSzX.jpg

actual gameplay

jsvMH4a.jpg

DyRx3zw.jpg

Gravity Rush

Now like the The Pinball Arcade , these two games look alot better when running on Vita and in smaller screen resoloution , The Mortal Kombat port is hard to tell apart from a TV console game , and Gravity Rush may look simple but it has a dynamic fantasy world that is running 60 Fps as you soar around in the air attacking monsters and constantly shifting gravity back and forth. They are the only 2 non digital games I own on PSVita. These screenshots are to educate non-PSVita owners about the graphical prowess of the PSVita GPU.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It's sad.
Farsight clearly cares much more about the iOS crowd than the Vita or dedicated gaming consoles.
I'm not sure why that is though.

The Vita screens look terrible. If they weren't free with my PS3 tables I'd probably get angry, but I just treat them like
bonuses on a great handheld that I can pretend don't exist.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Now like the The Pinball Arcade , these two games look alot better when running on Vita and in smaller screen resoloution , The Mortal Kombat port is hard to tell apart from a TV console game , and Gravity Rush may look simple but it has a dynamic fantasy world that is running 60 Fps as you soar around in the air attacking monsters and constantly shifting gravity back and forth.

I think it should be mentioned that Mortal Kombat is considered to have some of the absolute worst graphics on the system. Gravity Rush, while looking very good stylistically, is also not really considered all that hot for graphics.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts