Drained ball re-entering through kickback lane

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not saying this is a bug as I know it happens in real life as it has happened twice on my Getaway in the few months I've had it but does anyone else think the following happens too often on Firepower?;

A drained ball going left off a late flip with the right flipper travels behind the left flipper, inlane/outlane guide and re-enters the playfield via the kickback lane. In 30 minutes of play this just happened to me about 5 or 6 times. Is the real table set up to allow this to happen so often? Seems like it should be a once in a blue moon shot to me.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It happened 2 or 3 times in the same game, usually during multiball with all the flipper thrashing.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Sounds like you got lucky if you ask me. This table is a drain monster. Chalk it up to something about the technique you're using.

N

netizen

I have had the ball roll up the out lane, on Android, but it doesn't enter the playfield for me, unfortunately.
My shots like that seem to rattle around and lose momentum rather quickly.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
I haven't played a real Firepower in about 30 years, but I can say that drained balls reentering via the outlines is common on some pinballs.

N

netizen

I have had the ball roll up the out lane, on Android, but it doesn't enter the playfield for me, unfortunately.
My shots like that seem to rattle around and lose momentum rather quickly.

Sure enough after I left this comment I had a ball go shooting out the out lane during multi ball, lol

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, I'm just saying it happens a lot on this table. I'm not sure I've seen it happen on any other TPA table, maybe some of the geometry in the apron area needs a bit of tweaking. I'm sure as time goes on as more and more people observe this happening regular as clockwork people will start to say ' hmm...I don't think it's supposed to happen this often.'

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, I'm just saying it happens a lot on this table. I'm not sure I've seen it happen on any other TPA table, maybe some of the geometry in the apron area needs a bit of tweaking. I'm sure as time goes on as more and more people observe this happening regular as clockwork people will start to say ' hmm...I don't think it's supposed to happen this often.'

Still, I would suspect it has more to do with your technique in how you approach this particular table. I've experienced the same phenomenon, but for me, it's on Funhouse.

Then again, maybe you're right and it's a problem that will need to be addressed on this table, but don't rule out your own personal playstyle. Time will tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts