Williams
WW - confirmed (?)
SS - confirmed
PB - confirmed (?)
Sorcerer - unconfirmed but unfortunately still a possibility
Jive Time - not happening

Gottlieb
Victory - confirmed
Central Park - unconfirmed but strong possibility (unfortunately)
Ace High - unconfirmed and doubtful
Goin' Nuts - unconfirmed, decent addition, though the low production numbers could be problematic
Teed Off - unconfirmed, and emulation difficulties will probably prevent this, or any other Gottlieb DMD, from ever being released
El Dorado - unconfirmed, but probably the most likely of the remaining unconfirmed tables to make it to TPA. They can either do the SS version that appeared in PHOFG, or they could do one (or more) of the three (four if you count Canada Dry) EM tables made with this layout.
Playboy - unconfirmed and stupid to release this, as it isn't really a pinball (and don't even bother mentioning Zoltar and Love Machine).
Strikes 'N Spares - Another non-pinball that would be a stupid release. It was confirmed a while back, but has since been taken off the list. Why was it on the list to begin with? Did FS purchase one? Might it show up again some day? Don't rule it out, no matter how nonsensical it seems.

Did I miss any? Are the statuses up to date? If so, that leaves between 4 and 11 releases left, depending on what the final decisions of the remaining unconfirmed tables turns out to be.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There on PSP. Maybe enter a code for them? I dont remember if I had them or not for PS2..
The first PS2 release was missing some tables. The PSP and GC versions came out later, and included the extra tables. The PS2 versions released subsequent to these new releases also had all the tables.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
By my count the following have been confirmed:

Williams:
Space Shuttle
Whirlwind
Pin*Bot

Gottlieb:
Victory

I wouldn't mind seeing a few other of the Gottlieb Collection (or Sorcerer, for that matter) but I've really taken a shine to older tables lately. I love how merciless they are.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
As much as people hate Sorcerer, it is way more fun than most everything in the Gottlieb collection, not to mention most of the SS Gottlieb tables that weren't produced. Heck, it even beats some of the newer Stern tables.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
As much as people hate Sorcerer, it is way more fun than most everything in the Gottlieb collection, not to mention most of the SS Gottlieb tables that weren't produced. Heck, it even beats some of the newer Stern tables.
Finally, someone who agrees with me on Sorcerer! (Although I'm not sure I'd go so far to call it better than new Sterns; I'm pretty fond of AC/DC and Spiderman.)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Finally, someone who agrees with me on Sorcerer! (Although I'm not sure I'd go so far to call it better than new Sterns; I'm pretty fond of AC/DC and Spiderman.)

Go find the Rolling Stones table. You'll see that Sorcerer is way better! Not saying all Sterns by any means. AC/DC and Spider-man are both great and there are quite a few others I enjoy. X-Men is also pretty awful.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Go find the Rolling Stones table. You'll see that Sorcerer is way better! Not saying all Sterns by any means. AC/DC and Spider-man are both great and there are quite a few others I enjoy. X-Men is also pretty awful.
Rolling Stones is perma-banned from my mind; I don't even consider its existence when thinking of modern Sterns.

I don't care much for X-Men either, although the new code (V1.23) fixes my biggest gripe with the table: It used to be that when you entered a mode you were locked into it; everything else on the table shut down until the mode was finished. Now you can at least stack some modes.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Also a fan of Sorcerer. I don't understand the dislike for it.

As for recent Stern games, they're mostly awful. The artwork is a mishmash of photoshopped images, the build quality is iffy, the over-use of voice samples puts Zen Pinball to shame, and the choice of licenses is dubious. The coloured rails make the tables look like toys. (Very, very expensive toys.)

And the use of LEDs is over-the-top, and eye-searing.

They look cheap.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I can say that I do miss my Sorcerer a bit. Beautiful artwork and brutally fast gameplay. Wouldn't mind seeing it in TPA.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I hope Sorcerer gets included in TPA. For it's era it's great and it's one of the 10-20 best looking tables of all time. Don't let it have blurry low-res textures if/when it gets remade, FS!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Gottlieb
Central Park - unconfirmed but strong possibility (unfortunately)
Teed Off - unconfirmed, and emulation difficulties will probably prevent this, or any other Gottlieb DMD, from ever being released
Time to update. :D
El Dorado and Tee'd Off look fun. The Squirrel game I could do without. Would FS ever release a table they don't physically scan?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I assume we will be seeing El Dorado in the not so distant future. I also believe it will be the El Dorado City of Gold version that appeared in PHOF Gottlieb Collection. (link to pic below)
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=767&picno=42494&zoom=2
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I find this version to be the most hideous artwise. Playfield is so cluttered and busy it just looks awful IMO. Also hard at times to follow the ball.

I would much prefer any of the other versions such as Target Alpha. (link to pick below)
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2500&picno=10501
So much easier on the eyes.

They are both 4 player versions and they made over seven times more Target Alphas than City of Golds. I understand they probably want City of Gold because it was used in PHOF and being an SS machine from 1984 can most likely be ROM emulated. Here is my crazy idea...Is there anyway to use the ROM emulation from City of Gold with the beautiful art from Target Alpha? Can the magic that is FarSight make something like this happen? I'm almost certain the answer is no, but I'm still going to wish it to be so. :rolleyes:

Members online

Members online