Anyone ever try to repair/restore an em?

splatterthrash

Dec 5, 2012
I might a chance at a super flite for about $100. Just wondering how difficult it could get. Keep in mind, I have limited knowledge of electronics at this point. I was kind of looking for a project, but am scared that it might be too much for me.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
It depends on what works and what doesn't, and why.
There are several sites and Youtube videos offering instructions on how to fix and maintain machines. No knowledge of electronics is really required - just the ability to follow instructions, in most cases.
The most difficult problems are computer errors. These require a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise, but since Super-Flite is an EM, that's less of an issue for you.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
tons of coils and switches and parts might be tough to track down but just the age alone would turn me away although if you gut it you have a base for a VP cab for $100 thats cheap wich means it could be a money pit. You need some electronic skills.

splatterthrash

Dec 5, 2012
Thanks for the info. Im really close to pulling the trigger on this. Ive been looking for my first pin and this seems like it might be a good idea. Also, I think it might be fun to try to bring this sucker back to life.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.