Problem with game "Scared Stiff"

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
I purchased the "Pro" version and when the menu came back up, it just keeps going through the "end game" screen where it scrolls around the table and the music plays. There's no menu to exit or any other way out. I have tried closing the app and going back to the "home" page of my Kindle, but when I reopen TBA it just goes immediately to the scared stiff table and does nothing but play music and roam the table. I can't touch the table and get it to do anything. It's stuck. Not to mention after paying that money I don't hear any different words than she already says. I read that after getting the "pro" version, the wording on some of the saying changes to a more explicit words or suggestive ones. Nothing different so far...

I realize I cannot get a hold of support for the game. I have tried this before and get NO answer ever. However today I tried and got a delivery failure notice. I am worried my game may be completely messed up and right after I PAID for a PRO version too!

I hope someone here can help me...

Thanks

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I'm not sure how the Kindle works but try force closing the app or restarting the Kindle if the game seems stuck.

As for the Pro mode. It gives you the same options as if you owned the real table and opened up the coin door and started messing with it. You can change the difficulty by increasing when you get free balls and so on.
If you are interested on turning off "family mode" try this thread here for instructions on how. http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2733-Disabling-Family-Mode

Hopefully that'll help

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
I'm not sure how the Kindle works but try force closing the app or restarting the Kindle if the game seems stuck.

As for the Pro mode. It gives you the same options as if you owned the real table and opened up the coin door and started messing with it. You can change the difficulty by increasing when you get free balls and so on.
If you are interested on turning off "family mode" try this thread here for instructions on how. http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2733-Disabling-Family-Mode

Hopefully that'll help

Sorry thought I had stated that in my OP. I tried completely shutting the Kindle down and restarting it. Still no go. As soon as I start the TPA app and it opens, it's just scrolling around on the Scared Stiff game with music and no way to exit. Not sure what that "state" is, sort of like a end of game state. Yea I realized after paying for it that the PRO version isn't worth the $4 I paid. LOL. It's kinda sad really because I LOVE the app. All the tables are great. It's just the support that sucks.

Thanks. You guys here have been really good too. Nice to have somewhere to go to get help. :)

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Wow that is quite crazy. Can't imagine a wonky app surviving a restart.
Would you be against a re-install? I would think you would lose the high scores on the kindle and the goals sadly. Your online leaderboard scores should be fine though.

Could also try messaging a Farsight employee here. I think Ryan does the Kindle and Android stuff. Maybe he could give better advice
http://digitalpinballfans.com/member.php/35-Ryan-Routon

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
Wow that is quite crazy. Can't imagine a wonky app surviving a restart.
Would you be against a re-install? I would think you would lose the high scores on the kindle and the goals sadly. Your online leaderboard scores should be fine though.

Could also try messaging a Farsight employee here. I think Ryan does the Kindle and Android stuff. Maybe he could give better advice
http://digitalpinballfans.com/member.php/35-Ryan-Routon
Will definitely give it a shot. I am going through TPA withdrawals right now LOL.

Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.