Slam23 reporting for duty...

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi everyone,

I was already up to 25 posts when I scrolled down by accident to this thread, guess it's time to say hi! I'm actually a bit of a VPforums refugee, shamefully addicted to TPA now. In a way it mirrors how the iPad has burrowed it's way into my digital life at the cost of PC time. Can't take the PC with me in bed.... :) But it's also the great recreations by TPA that lured me in. I started pinball life at the age of 6-7, standing in a shopping cart to get to the buttons (late '70s/early '80s), then fast forward to my college days in the 90's, playing Indy '93 and SW to death at one of the local student hangout joints, spending some precious quarters that would otherwise have gone to food and tuition. Fast forward again to around 2006, I discovered VP while playing Timeshock and searching the internet for hi-score lists. I got totally hooked on VP for a couple of years. Besides playtesting tables for some authors, I was primarily into hunting for high scores and actually held some for a time, I believe I still hold LOTR FS at 1.4B. Now I'm playing TPA all the time and steadily making my way up in the TPA and Gamecenter HOF, I just breached the 10.000 points barrier! Although I have some good rankings on a few individual tables, I'm clearly not in the same league as some of the top players (some hacked scores not withstanding). Although I wonder how I would fare on a console, I hear that it gives a lot more nudge control. In real life I get to play a lot of tables once per month, I joined the Dutch Pinball Association who have about 90 tables of which around 60 are set up in working order at only a 45 min drive from my home. They even got a few TPA tables (at which I suck even harder :) ). One of the perks of playing there, is getting to watch some top Dutch players, like Roy Wils (who recently kicked some major butt in a TPA tournament). Anyway, before this post gets overlong, I'm happy to come here and read about other people's TPA experiences and get the latest news. I especially enjoy the tactics and strategies threads to which I try to contribute a bit if I have something. See ya around!
Slam23

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Jutter,
Thanks for the heads-up and invite, Alkmaar may be a bit out of my range too though, I have to come from Nijmegen :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts