Theater of magic wizard goals

cak

Feb 18, 2013
Hi all,
today I had a particularly inspired game at TOM in which I reached the grand finale. Sadly, I lost the ball just a few seconds into it.

Now, the last wizard goal I'm (still) missing is completing the gran finale. Having said that I hadn't noticed the word "complete", I was actually convinced that entering the grand finale would be enough, what's the deal exactly? Do I have to spell MAGICTHEATER, or do I just have to survive the 90 seconds without losing the ball?
I'm pretty sure it's the former but, you know, next time I might be tempted to just stand still if things get too tough. :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Hi all,
today I had a particularly inspired game at TOM in which I reached the grand finale. Sadly, I lost the ball just a few seconds into it.

Now, the last wizard goal I'm (still) missing is completing the gran finale. Having said that I hadn't noticed the word "complete", I was actually convinced that entering the grand finale would be enough, what's the deal exactly? Do I have to spell MAGICTHEATER, or do I just have to survive the 90 seconds without losing the ball?
I'm pretty sure it's the former but, you know, next time I might be tempted to just stand still if things get too tough. :)
Not only do you have to make all 12 shots for M-A-G-I-C-T-H-E-A-T-R-E, but the instructions are wrong: you only get 60 seconds to do it in. This is actually plenty of time if you don't panic. Just think about how easy it is to make a ramp or an orbit, and try not to think about the fact that each shot is 50M (which is harder than it sounds, because the table announces "Fifty million!" after each shot).

cak

Feb 18, 2013
Man, that's depressing. I mean, 5 seconds average for each hit doesn't sound too bad, but if the ball gets caught between the slingshots or the bumpers, and you start getting nervous as you lose more and more time... I can already feel the frustration. :)

Btw, speaking of wrong instructions, the game says that in order for the theatre hurry-up and midnight madness to qualify for the grand finale, you don't have to score the relevant bonus points.
Is that accurate? Because I might be wrong, but the two diamonds seem to always light up for me.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.