Dutch TPA get-together; let's have some flipping fun.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-visit-to-die-koog
A buddy of mine and me are planning on visiting the place in the above link, and in the forseeable future. A modest but nice-looking 20 table collection (including ST;TNG)
If you live near enough to Alkmaar, and you think it might be fun to meet us there, keep en eye on this thread for a selected date.
And, of course, let me know if you're planning on coming so the owners of the place can be informed beforehand how many guests to expect, just in case.

N

netizen

Jutter is working on a master plan to spread the Flu across all of the Lowlands as a way to become Pinball champion, LOL

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
I'd love to come! I'm dying to play some more real tables, I found a White Water while on holiday in Brno (Czech Republic) in a bar which was awesome! Now I'm thinking about visiting Hall of Game in Tilburg sometime, they have LOTR and X-Men right now I believe. Let me know if there is any news :)

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I'd love to come! I'm dying to play some more real tables, I found a White Water while on holiday in Brno (Czech Republic) in a bar which was awesome! Now I'm thinking about visiting Hall of Game in Tilburg sometime, they have LOTR and X-Men right now I believe. Let me know if there is any news :)
Check your inbox

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I played pinball this evening. Delicious, real life meatspace pinbaaaaaaaallllll! I sniffed out the Pinside Koog collection, and it was GLORIOUS! two of my favorite tables were there,. Monster Bash and Scared stiff. also played me some Revenge from mars, Mousing around, Johnny Mmemotic, ST;TNG, and Familly guy (awesome Stewie-themed mini upper playfield with mini rampshots. PLEASE land this licence Farsight!! Everyone involved with that table is still alive and willing hopefully), Godzilla, Indiana Jones, Star Trek; The Next Generation, Guns and BEEPING Roses, and Transformers. And that didn't leave me time to play Spiderman, The Shadow, Attack from Mars, and many others.
I'm still too shy to nudge, but I got some sweet stop and go play going. Did some aweinspiring slapsaves during multiball, and I almost assembled the whole monsterbash band (short of the wolfman), and I had a regular blast playing against Pascal who hits those flipperbuttons like he intends to ram them through the cabinet (thx for a good time and the brewsky bro.)

So here's the deal. And this is probably the most workable formula. If you live in the province of N. Holland.
these guys organize a flippernight pretty much every friday night. Simply mention in this thread when you plan to visit pinside Alkmaar, and other's in the area can then plan their visit to coinside with yours should they desire.

Simply contact egbert@pinside.com or robin@pinside.com that you wish to come, and they'll provide you with the adress. Expect to pay 5 euros entry fee, and 1,50 for a soda/beer. Be kind and donate a little extra.
this is where you can check out the current lineup. http://pinside.com/pinball/koog/collectie.
Don't expect that list to be 100 % accurate though. For instance, T3, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Whirlwind were both out of comission that evening; Twilight Zone and Dracula weren't even around. But with what was around nonetheless there was no time to complain. None whatso... OMFG!!!! FRANKENSTEIN MULTIBALL!!! (see my point?)

If you're in the neighborhood, and you wanna drop by, just make arrangements and drop a line here.

See you soon perhaps. I'm planning on going again next friday.

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Had me another evening of unadulterated flippering.
Spent a bit more time with Familly guy and Transformers (pro version). Grew fond of the Pirates of the Carabean table (It´s a cool frigging pin folks), but No Fear still has to grow on me (feel free to unload about what makes that pin great). Also had another sniffle at Johnny Mmemotic and The Shadow, and by now I can clearly see why these pins are so much better than the movies they´re based on. The Shadow´s particularly kewl.

Keep track of when Pinside de Koog has friday pinball nights (you might not know untill 24 hours in advance), contact the owners if you wanna drop by, and I might meet you there.

Last edited:

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
POTC is a very underrated table. Really nice progression to the Four Winds Multiball. My only beef with it is that if it's not properly leveled, the return from the ship shot can be a pretty terrible SDTM.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
http://pinside.com/pinball/koog/agenda
It's on again tomorrow.
Sorry for the short notice, but that's how it goes down with these guys.
If you're in the Alkmaar area, and you want to drop by, contact egbert@pinside.com or robin@pinside.com for location info, and maybe see you there.
This is their current line-up
http://pinside.com/pinball/koog/collectie
After watching the PAPA finals I'm curious about Demolition Man. If there's a 'non-TPA table' that deserves my special attention in your humble opinion tomorrow, lemme know. Party starts at 2100 GMT+1

Last edited:

Members online

Members online