Loving this table (Android and iOS)

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
Bugs aside, this is a terrific table. Farsight has done a great job in recapturing the beast that drained my pocket of quarters in the early 80s. This is a great example of an early SS machine that (I think) never seems overly dated. I want one.

Edit: This is a FP II, as Funghi pointed out, below.

firepower20_l.JPG

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It does make a good TPA table and would be fun to play in real life. There's a nice one on ebay at the moment and not too expensive but I just don't think the rules are deep enough that I would like to own one, well not unless I win the lottery and own loads of other tables too.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Could we at least get a "pinball pr0n" warning when you're going to post explicit pictures like that? Now, I want one, too.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I was going to say... because that rail going across the playfield didn't look familiar at all.

But I second the "pinball pr0n" thread! I don't have a machine myself, but I'm sure there are heaps of people here who could take (or have taken) a shedload of awesome photos. IPDB pics are like looking at diagrams of the human body in an encyclopedia... we need artsy stuff for wallpapers!

night

May 18, 2012
I think the yellow flippers look better than the white one's in the TPA version.
It's a monochrome colored table, it could use all the extra color. Anyway, it is a good table and the physics are good as well.

$(KGrHqVHJEwFERf0+IZsBRH!+l8HmQ~~60_57.JPG

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I mentioned the yellow flippers with red rubber during the beta. This is the way I recall playing it. But they are white on the pinball flyers and I guess that is the proper color.

night

May 18, 2012
I mentioned the yellow flippers with red rubber during the beta. This is the way I recall playing it. But they are white on the pinball flyers and I guess that is the proper color.

What about an option to change flipper colors, we can choose ball skins as well..?!

night

May 18, 2012
That would be great if they could. I assume it would have to be approved by the pin companies.

You think so? Ball skins don't have to be approved, then why flipper colors? As long as the tables have the original flipper-colors by default.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I was going to say... because that rail going across the playfield didn't look familiar at all.

But I second the "pinball pr0n" thread! I don't have a machine myself, but I'm sure there are heaps of people here who could take (or have taken) a shedload of awesome photos. IPDB pics are like looking at diagrams of the human body in an encyclopedia... we need artsy stuff for wallpapers!

This thread from Pinside has some of the best pinball pics I've ever seen. Check it out, some are downright beautiful shots.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-your-best-pin-pic

Edit: Correct link posted now. Thanks Jeff. That was so not the correct link.

Last edited:

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Yes I'm loving Firepower too. Simple layout,simple rules challenging without being too frustrating. This is Pinball at its best. Let's hope Far sight fix the game ending scoring bug(only had it happen once myself.

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I'm gratified to hear all the Firepower love. This was one of my most anticipated TPA tables, since I loved it in PHoF and found it better (if crueler) in real life. But when it came up on the unreleased-table forum, most of the time it was mentioned negatively as a boring filler table.

I see it as representing the moment solid-state pinball reached full maturity; it's almost the minimal table incorporating the essentials that nearly every subsequent one incorporated.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts